What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

We just got home about 4pm, and I wanted to make something quick, there weren't alot of alternatives but I settled on spaghetti since I had some cooked hamburger in the fridge already. We had small salads as well. It was cooler today, and maybe tommorrow, I can even use my oven!! I have not been able to use my oven for the past month. Since the temp is going down to about 58 or 60 tonight...it may stay fairly cool in here. It is really quite nice right now...I am sitting here with the windows open and it feels good!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I shredded some of the chicken breast meat last night and made tacos. Yummy. I usually have small roma tomatoes and avocados in the house, and chop those up and add them to my tacos.

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe a can of red, tomato like soup.

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  4. K E Gordon

Registered

Well, I did not use the oven tonight but I made a steak salad. I have some chicken thighs..the temp and the all important humididity is going to increase. I may make them in the microwave, something that I almost never do, I would prefer to barbecue them, but I seem to be out of propane. Well I guess the oven cooking is going to have to wait a bit. I can[t wait for a cold snap! You better believe I am going to give that oven a workout!:);)

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Today is a salad day for me. After we got home from the fitness center, I nibbled a bit of the kimchi. It has been culturing for two days now, and is supposed to be ready to eat. I am actually still liking it, and will probably have a bit more for later.
    I also took the new head of cabbage, halved it, and started a small jar of sauerkraut with half of the cabbage and made shrimp coleslaw with the other half, and that will be my salad for supper tonight, too. I like coleslaw best when it is really fresh.
    Bobby still has a whole lot of the pork roast that he smoked; so he will probably be eating barbequed pork and maybe have some coleslaw or sauerkraut with that.

6. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Not sure why, but not in least bit hungry tonight.
    Medium lunch.
    Nothing sounds good right now.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

When I got home from the doctor and several other stops, my wife had a pot of pinto beans and ham ready. And of course cornbread.

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  8. Diane Lane

Registered

Last night's dinner was chicken noodle soup and an avocado. A strange combination, I know, but the avocado was getting softer, and I decided I wanted something more healthy than just a can of soup. Tonight's supper will depend on how I'm feeling, which isn't the greatest right now. Maybe I'll make a grilled cheese later, or just have some more soup.

9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish avocados would last longer without spoiling. I can't buy but a few at a time.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Diane Lane

Registered

Same here @Sheldon Scott. I happened to have two here, and I used one just the other night and it was fine, but this one had a lot of brown on it. I keep them in the crisper drawer of the fridge, and that seems to help somewhat, but it would be very handy if somehow we could extend their life. Thankfully, they're available just about, if not year round, but that wasn't always the case back home, so I still seem to buy them every chance I get, since they're a favorite of mine.

11. Diane Lane

Registered

Last night I made another delicious chicken taco. This time, I only added a light layer of mayo and melted some cheese on the chicken. I had a half of a sweet potato on the side. I took a package of bacon out of the freezer, so that's probably what I'll have in some fashion, for supper tonight.

12. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's a busy day for us and we just arrived home. We grabbed a pack of ground beef from the supermarket along the way and we will be having hamburger steak for dinner. For the complements, there is butter-fried green beans plus cucumber salad and french fries. Remember, I am on a no-rice diet so it is either the vegetables or bread for me. But for this dinner tonight, no bread either. The vegetables will be enough and no soda maybe.

13. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

My son, who is a senior in high school, is home due to diarrhea. Ouch!!! So, he will be having imodiom for supper while i will be eating mushrooms stuffed with cheese. Yum.

14. K E Gordon

Registered

I ended up making the chicken drumsticks for dinner. I got no recipe suggestions so I just added some spices. They were really pretty good. I had some frozen broccoli, caulfilower and carrots or a Califonia blend. It is just one of the ways that you can get the options that I was lookingn forward to. It is just one of the ways that you can get the options that you can get the options in these choices that you are looking for.

15. Diane Lane

Registered

I haven't cooked the bacon yet, but I'll do that later. Yesterday was a busy day, so I didn't get to do any thing in the way of baking or cooking. I picked up some more (nicer) tortillas today, and maybe I'll make a BAT (bacon avocado tomato sandwich) on a tortilla :D. I was trying to beat the storms, or I would have popped into Aldi to grab some produce. Maybe next time I'm over there.