What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

That reminds me, I still have half of that package of breaded chicken breast patties in the freezer. I might make those for supper tonight, if the hamburger isn't defrosted in time. It's great to be eating real food again!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Wife will take me to our favorite Mexican Restaurant. I will hobble in there on crutches and we will enjoy a good margarita and dinner. Hopefully, in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to just walk in there.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't overdo it Cody. I was feeling pretty good in the store this morning so I went through the whole store, got everything on the list plus a few but now my thigh muscle is tight and sore. Too much too soon maybe.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, believe it or not, in my wheelchair, I cooked my breakfast. Three link sausage, two fried eggs, chopped up/fried potatoes and two toast. Have done this in the wheelchair twice a week since I fell Oct 22nd. I do have to stand up, with wheelchair right behind me, to do a few things. I put most of my body weight on my right foot/leg and balance. But, I get it done!

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Going out to dinner last night went better than we thought it would! Used my crutches. We can tell I'm getting better.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Registered

I just cooked up some burgers and made my first batch of hummus. Here's the recipe, minus a few things I didn't have on hand. Next time I have the ingredients, I'm going to make up some tahini to go with a batch of homemade hummus. I wanted to cook the burgers before I took my bath, because although the whole house now smells like burgers, at least my hair won't, once I wash it.

7. Sheldon Scott

Registered

I made some salmon pattys and boiled potatoes. Just don't seem to have the stamina to stand in the kitchen very long.

Holly Saunders and Diane Lane like this.
  8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night it was my old standby, beef 'n beans. And lots of hot sauce. I'd feel right at home on the range.

9. Diane Lane

Registered

I made another pizza last night. I topped it with mixed cheeses and roasted red peppers. I wish I'd had some black olives (or green ones, or a mix of the two), but I forgot to pick them up when I was shopping. Hopefully I'll remember them next time. I really like the crust recipe, it's the same one I've posted before, but I'm noticing I get a stomach ache lately after eating some bread-products, so I might try swapping out some of the all purpose flour next time for rye flour and see if that makes a difference. Here's some information about rye flour, in case anyone's interested.

10. Diane Lane

Registered

Last night was a quickie, just heated up some generic spaghettios or however it's spelled. I'm going to pull the turkey breast out today, but have some ground beef to cook for today and the next few days.

11. Sheldon Scott

Registered

My wife made great northern beans and cornbread yesterday. Later in the evening I had a liverloaf sandwich.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night my daughter ordered hot wings from Wing Stop since she was tired after her long drive..today she is making pot roast for the men...my SIl and grandsons. :)

She's making a low carb ground turkey dish with Shaved Brussels sprouts for us. Ive made it at home and it's good.

Diane Lane likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Probably thaw out the leftover frozen Pomines a la Orsini!:rolleyes:

Sheldon Scott and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Sheldon Scott

Registered

What about the Southern O'possum?

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have one of those that wanders around in our back yard at night. Maybe we should think about adding that to our Thanksgiving Day menu . I wonder if he will fit in the Ninja cooker ? Probably not.
    Besides, then Tootsie would not have anything to chase when she wants out late at night. I guess we will stick with the roast chicken, and forgo Southern O'Possum this year.

Joe Riley likes this.