What's For Supper?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Supper on the first day of the New Year was baked ham, black-eyed peas, smothered cabbage, and oven roasted potatoes. :)

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I ended up just making the shrimp fried rice for New Year's. I still have to make the crab rangoon, but I'm waiting until I feel better. The shrimp fried rice came out really yummy, and I'll be having leftovers of that for supper tonight. I've got some ground beef defrosting, but probably won't cook that until tomorrow.

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Another cold spell, time for hot food. I made some vegetable beef soup in the pressure cooker.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Today was a busy day for us, fitness center in the morning, and then off to Walmart, and then my doctor appointment this afternoon, so by the time we got home again, we were both starving. Bobby opted for a pastrami sandwich on Dave's Killer Bread, and I made a salad with cucumbers, avocado, tomato and lettuce, and dressing of lemon juice, a little vinegar, sea salt and pepper, and olive oil, with Parmesan cheese.
    Now, we are both full and happy, although Bobby will probably have a snack again later this evening. We both are tired from the fitness center workout, and the meal was welcome. The cold is supposed to come in by tomorrow; so it might be time for me to make us a nice hot pot of bean soup for the next couple of days, We even have possible snow/ice in the forecast, so it is hot soup weather here !

Terry Page and Babs Hunt like this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Registered

I made a sweet potato pie today. Yummy.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Last night, I made a Betty Crocker Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie. I'll be eating on that for at least a few more days. The recipe's easy to find if anyone's interested, and I added in a drained can of Rotel (mixed diced tomatoes and green chilies), which is something I do with a lot of main dish recipes.

I just made my first puff pastry dough from scratch. It's chilling in the fridge, and I'm looking around at fillings. I added a touch of almond to the puff pastry dough, and am thinking some sort of cream cheese and cherry filling would be nice for my version of an Epiphany/3 kings cake/dessert.

Terry Page likes this.
  7. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Not in our house Terry. We use the pressure cooker a lot but never the slow cooker.

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night I had thinly sliced roast beef..and yorkshire puddings, with roast pots and asparagus..

b89aec0d-af4b-41d3-a8b6-e89934052452.jpeg

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If I brave the cold weather and get to the store, we will be having beef stew with rice, and cole slaw for supper. :)

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

We had beef stew last night with cornbread muffins with a small salad. Tonight we're planning on oven baked pork chops. What else will we have. I don't have the foggiest.

Terry Page and Babs Hunt like this.
  11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Some mexican corn bread would be very good with my beef stew...thanks for the tip @Bill Boggs.:)

Diane Lane and Holly Saunders like this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Tonight i had baked chicken fillets in a Mediterranean herb sauce with organic mushrooms, wrapped in tortillas.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Today I am going to take the leftover stew meat, add bell pepper and onions and cook it until tender...then add sides of hash browns and green beans for our main meal which usually ends up being somewhere between lunch and supper time.:)

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Last night we splurged for supper.........buffet out. Prime Rib, mashed potatoes, baked potato, meatloaf, sweet rolls and so on. Sure was good!

Burgers in onion buns tonight.......at home.

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  15. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy, and green beans. We.ve been eating our main meal about midday. We each had a plateful of Jalapeno poppers to snack on last night.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.