What's Your Overall Mood These Days?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Diana Kristof, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think you are right, Ina....obviously not ready. I've never cancelled a trip to my son's in Illinois. Last time I saw them was last September in Maui.

I felt like I couldn't do it...play the super grandma, also watch 3 little ones for 5 days while my son and DIL went on a trip.

My son told me not to feel guilty about it, they'll get someone else and it's more important for me to get better.

When I visit at Christmas I won't have the extra pressure of babysitting..just a nice visit.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It sounds like you are doing the right thing with postponing the trip to Illinois, @Chrissy Page . I am sorry to hear that you had a meltdown; but those things do happen when our stress level explodes out of managable amounts all of a sudden.
    You are taking care of yourself, and that is what is the most important thing for you to do, and you have lots of support from your whole family, and all of your friends here at the forum.
    Losing your AC and having to deal with all that heat has probably been a major factor in all of this, and when our body is exhausted and not able to function right, then our brain is always affected, too. You said you weren't able to sleep because of the heat, and even losing sleep turns me into a growly bear.
    Hang in there, we will be praying for you, too, Chrissy, and once your AC is working again, you should start feeling better.
    <<<<HUGS>>>>

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Yvonne! Yep, I woke up in such a fog this morning. I really can't think in heat, also don't want to even move so not getting anything done but if I move, I sweat.

My neighbor hasn't been by yet but he works so maybe tonight! This has just been a terrible summer...one I'll never forget.

I do feel bad though because my little grandsons couldn't wait for me to come. :(

4. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

GROUP HUG...I've felt depressed when Pip just left 11 yrs. living in New Mexico and came back to Florida. This is long term until he gets matters in his life straighten out, it's coming together for him and has helped me a whole lot. I've been alone for much of 11 yrs. With my own way an be able to fly into Dulles or Regan airports to see the middle boy in Washington DC. Or Ann Arbor to see they oldest one. Now my bedroom which was set up Fung Shui rules is a mess. It's now a collect all place, and haven't flipped the mattress and can't sleep good. I'm a strong believer in Fung Shui, there is no TV or anything much electronic devices other then 2 small lamps. It use to be a bed, 2 night stands and a closet. He buys this food that's organic and tastes like crap and brought his dog who is adorable and much loved, thou my cats have for the past month freaking out, but getting use to doggie. It's a coming together, but takes time. Party time is over and time for both of us to buckle down.:)

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

@Chrissy Page, I am sorry that you are not in a good place right now, but am certain that it will pass.

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks Ken, I hope so.

This house is a burden, too much needless stress. If I loved living here than it would be okay but I don't ....I hate it.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Here we go, Guys....... Our Group Hug Selfie !
    image.jpeg

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

My favorite animal!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Wow, Rx is expensive! Here is a site I found that can help you...webmd is reputable, so I'll also look into it for some of my uncovered Rx, too...hope this helps. You're welcome in advance.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

I hope you feel better quickly. I know that prayers help too. Don't worry for there are solutions to everything, just to find the time to find the solutions is sometimes hard to find. Take care of yourself, for many aside of your family care for you! Life is too short so enjoy as much as you can! But if you don't bounce back within a week, or so, be sure to check with your doctors it could be medical...take care.

11. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

All advice, Krissttina is helpful. Not only for ones ready for Medicare, but seniors that are not on plan D prescriptions. This is what is called the, "Black Hole". When a person has to rack up thousands of dollars in precipitations to qualify under plan D. But the ones who don't it doesn't pay to enroll.:)

12. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

They are adorable and sure put a smile on my face.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:(OMG, This isn't good at all. I wonder if we can change it via Congress? We got to try to change it so people can have what they need without going bankrupt! Anyway at facebook there is patient action program, AMA Patients's Action Program,where we can join and keep abreast about measures at Congress about health care. We can make changes as needed, via Congress elected officials request. Congress elected officials usually have a page at facebook too. You know what too, I have an Rx situation too...I need an Rx that doesn't seem to be covered that I need, so I have to check into it too.

14. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Something has to be done because so many seniors are borderline. And seniors which are many have buses going to Canada to get their medicine. Especially the states that boarder Canada. This was also the reason me and late husband built a house in Harlingen, Texas was because we were close to the Mexican boarder. Mexico hospitals were doing balloon and placing stints in patients long before us. It was still in the experimental stages here. My husband had blocked artiers that were to close to the heart for open heart surgery. It was diet and medication. This was 6 months after his death that hospitals here were putting in stints and that was 1984. We were going to Mexico so he could have this done. But he was to ill and we remained the last few months in Toledo, Ohio.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:I'm so sad to hear of your experience...you'd think America the country first to help other countries has all this sort of troubles and problems it has fixed yet for we Americans! If many went forward to Congress letting them know about the problems Americans face changes can be made...maybe the AMA's page at facebook is a good start for we Americans to at least ask if changes can be made quickly of all the problems we all face. AMA Patient's Action Network is a very good place to start to bring changes. My Mom has a stent in her as well as a pace maker, all was covered by her Medicare plan from work..wish it was covered for you for your husband. We got to keep trying t make changes, so we'd all get the help we need.