What's Your Thought's On Ufo's? Hoax Or Real?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Lon Tanner, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have not insulted you. Please don't insult me.

Speculation is just fine. We are all entitled to speculate.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Conspiracy theories (and paranormal) are by definition something that we cannot prove one way or the other, which is why they are called theories, @Richard Whiting .
    Pretty much everything in this conspiracy section of the forum is going to be speculation and not announced by any part of the government as a true fact. If you are looking for that in this section, then conspiracy theories might not be for you.

Read the information at the top of the conspiracy section that explains all of this for people who only want proven facts and website links rather than a discussion about something possible but unproven.
    http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/some-information-and-guidelines-about-the-conspiracy-section-of-the-forum.

Ken Anderson and Richard Whiting like this.
  3. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thank you for explaining it to me. I think I missed the entire idea of the thread being merely theory.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It does not have to be from outer space ice_screenshot_20230627-203443.png

5. Sam Calabria

Sam Calabria Well-Known Member
    Registered

I really wouldn't worry about it either way. If they don't exist, they don't exist. If they do exist and have been here at least since the 40s, they could easily have destroyed us. And, for whatever reason, they haven't.

If they are, indeed vastly powerful, I guess it would be like asking, when a billionaire passes a 10 year old child who has a $5 bill, why doesn't the billionaire rob the child? Because...he simply does not have to.

Personally, I think they have some weirdo attraction to our movie stars. I heard one report that Raquel Welch was one of their favorites...

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Gee, now I'm not so concerned that they aren't friendly. ;) Nor am I worried they are in search of our best & brightest.

7. Sam Calabria

Registered

Hey, Raquel Welch wasn't so bad. Most folks don't know, but she refused to pose nude...and never did. When asked, she said that she did not want to be disrespectful to her father. Sex symbol of the 60s and did not pose nude. I can respect that.

Ken Anderson and John Brunner like this.
  8. Sam Calabria

Registered

by the way, like the sports car in your picture. Is that an MG?

I remember back in the 70s, I got to this old car museum. Was great...I remember these huge vehicles with 12 cyclinder engines. All the old models, great stuff. They used to do a little car rally right around the corner from us. My wife and I used to go. At this little hot dog place, in their huge parking lot. Was great. Everyone had a great time.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

It's an Austin Healey Sprite Mark I, aka "Bugeye" or "Frogeye." Made from 1958-1961.
    There was a Mark II and a Mark III, production stopped in 1971. Many parts were interchangeable with the MG Midget. I replaced the complete drive train in mine (engine and transmission) from a Midget. I also swapped out front ends with that same Midget so I could have disc brakes. I've taken it on road rallies, following the clues all over the place, getting lost, then deciding to bail on it and make a stress-free day on the road out of it.

I bought it in '74 or so, and sold it around 1980. It was in my backyard rotting away up on cinder blocks as a "someday" project, when a young couple knocked on my door and begged me to sell it to them. I could see the love in their eyes for it that I had when I first got it, so I passed it on rather than have it decay into something irretrievable. I had boxes of spare parts I had scavenged from various junkyards, a factory hardtop, etc. The one thing I could not lay my hands on at the time was the carb synchronizer. I still have that in my toolbox.

Sam Calabria likes this.
  10. Sam Calabria

Registered

Thanks for sharing that. I've always wanted the time to work on cars. Love sports cars, old sports cars...

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know What to believe 1 day I think it's aliens the next it's government military made.
    Tonight I got an email from our local Neighborhood site someone claimed they witnessed a UFO flying around. Someone responded that they are a Surf fishermen And when they go out at night on the beach to fish it's common to see UFO diving at high speed into the ocean. ???

Beth Gallagher and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Yeah, I've never seen anything that would lead me to believe in extraterrestrial visitors, but it makes sense that we wouldn't be the only planet with intelligent life on it.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  13. John Brunner

My layman's mind says that if space is infinite, the probability of there being intelligent life elsewhere approaches 100%.

I gotta laugh at myself that when I first moved to this rural area and would be out late, the light of some stars appeared to refract downwards on either side like some kind of Klingon spaceship wings...as though UFOs that high up would only frequent the rural parts of the United States.

Martin Alonzo and Ken Anderson like this.
  14. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

ice_screenshot_20230701-193507.png ice_screenshot_20230701-193129.png

It seem the US senate must be taking it seriously

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.