When Was The Last Time?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Dee Roenz, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have not had any reason to get dressed up in a very long time. We really do not go anywhere that calls for dressing up, and there are not even any family weddings or anything of that nature either.
    I was rummaging through my photo stream looking to see if there was anything that even comes close to qualifying as being dressed up.
    The best one that I found was about 2002, when Bobby and I were first married and working at the Rescue Mission in Charlote, NC. We were outside the building where we had chapel services, and getting ready to go inside so Bobby could give the morning sermon .

image.jpeg

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Last time my wife dressed up was for a job interview last November. Nice dress/blouse/pumps.........add that on to her Bachelor's Degree and experience, no wonder she got the job!
    We really dressed up, her in beautiful blue dress and me in a suit, for the Captain's Party on the Cruise we went on in 2008.
    Use to dress up for church, but now we don't so much. She will sometimes wear slacks and I will wear Docker slacks and a nice shirt, but the days of really dressing up for church are long gone................for a lot of people, that is. My 1/2 brother and his wife still really dress up for church, but that's just them. Even though they are less than 5 yrs. older than we are, they act much older than we do.

Seems like the Generations after the Baby Boomers just don't dress up that much anymore for anything.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My daughter still dresses up every day for work even though she puts a white coat on over her clothes at work.

The only time she couldn't be bothered was when she would have to go back to work after having her kids. Too much to do in the morning to bother, so she wore scrubs then, made it easier. :)

4. Dee Roenz

Dee Roenz Veteran Member
    Registered

Lovely picture Yvonne, you both look nice and dressed up. Thank you for sharing

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

I don’t have many occasions to get “dressed up” anymore, but I do dress appropriately. I wouldn’t think of wearing jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops to a wedding or funeral or dinner in a nice sit-down restaurant.

Also – FWIW, I’ve noticed that many people who have ugly feet like to wear flip-flops. Eeewww. Those are dangerous when driving and going up & down stairs!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  6. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks everyone. Believe me, once the reception started, off came the tie.

Yvonne Smith and Linda Binning like this.
  7. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

This is my youngest son (41) and myself at his son's wedding last Nov. This is as dressed up as I've gotten in years. I forgot to take jewelry so after we left the hotel I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy me some fancy earrings. :) weddingNov 033.JPG

8. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Good pic, Linda. Son is a handsome guy.

Linda Binning likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have very nice feet and wear Clark's Flip Flops probably 9 months out of the year. They are sturdy and I've never had an issue with stairs and driving.

Only thing I have an issue with when going down stairs are my progressive lens glasses. I have to be careful.