Where Do You Buy Your Seeds From?

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

She has been keepiing busy at home; but I chatted with her the other day so I know that she is doing okay, and will probably be online and posting before long. I sent her an email forwarding your post, so she should read that and know to look for you when she is online again.
    I was going to try and start some of the plum seeds; but since the seedlings that i planted are looking like they will survive, I may not start any new ones. We have a lot of trees in the yard already, and not enough sunshine for things to grow well , and the places where we do have sunshine, there is either gravel or a lot of tree roots. Mostly, we have to plant in planter pots, so we can set them where they will get the best sunshine.

When I planted the irises the other day, I also planted sunflower seeds, hoping that the squirrels would not find them, and they would sprout. They lasted two days, and then the little pests dug up all of the irises and ate the sunflower seeds !
    I guess I have to grow the sunflowers inside until they are large enough that the squirrels don't get them.