Who And Why For Vice President?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Denise Evans, Mar 6, 2024.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump has said early that his VP choice would not be someone who ran against him. I don't know if he will stick to that since he include some of them as possibles on his list. I don't think it will be DeSantis or Donaldson since they are both from Florida. Kristi Noem would be a possible, as would Tim Scott. Both would bring a lot to the table. Trump also mentioned his age indirectly, and he said he wanted to chose someone who would be able to be a good President and carry his flag forward. I don't know if Scott could do that. I think Ramaswamy will have a prominent place in the cabinet should Trump be elected. Tulsi could be a good choice as well, since she has shown courage in the face of attacks from the Left that she separated from when she left the Dems.

Denise Evans likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

That's a good point, I didn't think about and I'm sure she was well able to deal with nay-sayers when she left the party. I really like Kristi a lot. For some reason, I can't see her as President though. That doesn't mean she wouldn't me be excellent though. I enjoyed watching several videos of a guy asking MAGA crowds questions, and one said that he hoped, I think it was a guy, would just let Trump decide who his VP would be. I guess that's what has to happen, but I also hope President Trump has learned from his previous cabinet and do an even better job this time around.

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

Something I was just thinking about Kristi Noem is that she was raised country, in a State that is pretty rough weather-wise, and she actually had what sounds like a very fortunate upbringing. She's done what to me sounds like a wonderful job of caring for her people up there, and stuck to her guns during Covid. She would be good especially among our rural populations, blue-collar, farmers, ranchers, and down to earth folks that have basically, taken some of the hardest hits in this country, and still survived.

I think I think she might be good as VP, and she sure didn't hesitate to jump in and go to our border to help Texas. There's more I've got to say but thats enough for now. I think we need more country-grown folks in Washington, not all these white-collar morons who think their better than the rest of us peons.

4. Denise Evans

Registered

I also heard Tim Scott get real serious yesterday, sometimes I just see him smiling and being a nice guy. Hadn't really heard him talk about the issues. So now, after hearing him get down to business, I see why others like him for the possible VP. He's very smart, and also has a heart for this country, our laws and constitution;)

I don't really have a fave yet. I think Trump is being very careful taking his time to let the cat out of the bag ;)

Don Alaska and Vada Bloom like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny thing is, Hilary was running against Obama, and after Hilary dropped out of the race and Obama won, he hired her to serve as Secretary of State for 4 years.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

Aren't they just one, big, happy family? Thick as thieves? If they weren't before that, he probably saw someone that would fit in great with the corrupt Left.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Donald Trump is warming to the idea of Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) being his running mate, according to NBC News. The network reported Wednesday that Rubio is “moving up the list” of candidates to be Trump’s vice president pick, citing six sources familiar with the search.

Rubio, 52, is “young and telegenic,” could influence Latino voters as the son of Cuban immigrants and would be the first minority to appear on a GOP presidential ticket, NBC noted.

Other possibilities for Trump include Sen. Tim Scott (S.C.), South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem and Rep. Elise Stefanik (N.Y.).

Someone in Trump’s camp told NBC the search was far from over.

“The list is long, and it’s extremely early in any kind of process,” the adviser said. “No one has been directly reached out to yet, and I do not expect that for some time.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/one-vice-president-possibility-gaining-143359493.html

Denise Evans likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've expressed it before, and I agree that Ramaswamy does seem to be too perfect as far as the issues go, so much so that he seems a little like someone who was created for that role, and that concerns me. If he were the VP candidate, I'd certainly vote for the ticket, but I'd rather see him serve in another position first so that we can see who he is when he's not a candidate for president.

I can see Trump picking Tim Scott, but it would be much like his choice of Mike Pence in 2016. He might help the ticket, but he wouldn't be particularly effective if he were to become president. He would be the establishment choice that the CFR would want him to choose, to ensure that nothing actually changes. He might do well, so far as saying the right things, as a Vice President, but if he were to become president, we may as well elect someone from the Bush family.

I'd love to see Kristi Noem on the ticket. She would tick at least a couple of boxes, plus I think she'd be an effective candidate for president in 2028. She would be my first choice, as I think she could continue wherever Trump might leave off. This is probably why the media hasn't given her a lot of name recognition. She might say that she's not interested, but there's a reason she ran her gubernatorial reelection ads in seven states.

Given Trump's faulty picker, I could see him choosing Elise Stefanik, but I'd have to hold my nose to vote for a ticket that includes her. Referred to as a "moderate Republican," we can be assured that she's basically a Democrat. Similarly, I'd hate to see Roy Rubio on the ticket. We haven't been served well by the neocons.

Tulsi Gabbard would be an interesting choice as far as the election campaign goes, but while she might be a better Democrat than any of the others, she's a Democrat, and she wouldn't be continuing where Trump left off were she to accede to the presidency.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I remember when there were moderate Republicans and moderate Democrats. Neither side ever got everything that they wanted but they got the people's business taken care of much better than they do nowadays.

10. Ken Anderson

I didn't view it that way, @Shirley Martin. Compromising with a Democrat means moving further and further to the left, which is what progressivism is all about. When Republicans and Democrats are working together, the Democrats are plotting the course.

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I don’t think that he is going to choose any of these we have been seeing as potential choices for vice-president, and I also believe that he already knows who he wants and is just not saying anything yet.
    President Trump knows that there is a possibility that his VP may end up becoming president, and he will want someone who can look after this country and continue Trump’s legacy of making America great again. I don’t see any of the ones we have looked at thus far as being able to for sure do that, and no one is going to have the Trump charisma.
    My choice would still be Rand Paul, but I do not really expect Trump to choose Rand, either.

It seems like Ramaswamy is really putting everything into this election, with no problem that he is supporting Trump instead of becoming president himself; so I hope that Trump does give Vivek a place in his administration.
    Maybe in another 4 years, Ramaswamy would have enough support to actually run and be elected , with Trump’s backing.

Jacob Petersheim likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney over his own father in 2012. While I like what he says in the microphones today, he still leaves a sour taste in my mouth. When someone, as an adult, makes a decision like that, I have a hard time taking them at face value again, which is why I've only listened to Glenn Beck a couple of times since 2016. If he thought Hillary Clinton was a better choice for president than Donald Trump only eight years ago, he doesn't have anything to teach me.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

So did Donald Trump, and I believe Trump also backed Clinton when he ran for president. I do not think that any of us knew what a louse Romney was back then.
    I was listening to Tucker’s interview with Ron Paul yesterday, and Ron Paul said he did not really expect to become president, he just needed a viable way to get across the message he was trying to give to Americans.
    So, if Rand knew his father was not even a likely contender, it makes sense that he would go with what he thought was the best choice of the two people who were actually likely to win.
    I would much rather he backed Romney than Obama, even though we now know how disgusting Romney is, too.

14. Ken Anderson

I didn't vote for Trump in the primary, but when it came to Trump or Hillary, only a dolt would choose Hillary. Conversely, when it comes to Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, they should have been running mates. As opponents, there was no point in voting. You'd get the same thing regardless of who won. On the other hand, Rand Paul endorsed Mitt Romney over his father in the Primary, when he had a choice.

John Caramucci likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

I could vote for a Trump/Gabbard ticket and would be excited about it insofar as it would make for an interesting campaign, but she certainly wouldn't be my first choice for a VP. Setting some reservations aside, given that I can't think of anyone else, I'd like to have Ramaswamy as Vice President, but I'm afraid he doesn't add much to the campaign. Maybe he could attract some younger voters, particularly those concerned about Trump's age, but, for the most part, people who wouldn't vote for Trump wouldn't vote for Ramaswamy either. Women hate him because he's too aggressive, neoconservatives are put off by the politics he expresses, and, let's be honest, Democrats don't think for themselves enough to vote for anyone who doesn't have a "D" after their name; that's more of a hive vote so I don't know how many Democrats might be persuaded to vote for a GOP ticket.

Certainly, not all of them do that - some Democrats are Democrats for reasons I can't figure out. I know people here in Maine who vote Democrat despite the fact that the Democrat Party is opposed to pretty much everything they hold dear, gun rights being high on the list. The best I can figure out, they are registered as Democrats and vote Democrat because twenty-five years ago, they were members of a labor union that did nothing to keep the mill from closing or even preserving the medical and retirement benefits they were promised. That long-ago union relationship still has a hold on them, and I can't say that I understand that because I was the Chief Shop Steward and VP of our UPIU Local in California for more than a decade, and I voted Republican, as did the president of our Local.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.