Who Else Enjoys A Nice Cup of Tea?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

My goodness Val, that's not the Russian Caravan i drink. Ideally RC is a blend of Oolong, Keeman, and Lapsang Souchong teas. I buy the leaf teas from Upton Tea Importers on Maine, United States. .........Thanks for the site/ I always like to browse tea places.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I like all kinds of teas, and I don't think I've ever drank one I didn't like. I'll have a cup of coffee to jump start my day, and then it is generally some form of tea throughout the day. I find that in the summer if you will fix sun-tea with green teas you generally don't get the bitter taste. I love a tall cold glass of mint and green tea sun-tea. The Krueger coffee maker make a reusable K-cup that I like to put my own blend into for a quick cuppa.

Attached Files:

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Caviar :D

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Now, Earl Grey is something to sing about!;)

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

The gentle art form of the Japanese tea ceremony so far removed from our switching the kettle on and pouring over a tea bag.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I do enjoy my hot cup of coffee every morning, but I also like to sit down with a big mug of hot tea during the day. My favorite is Constant Comment by Bigelow. It is a sort of spice tea and is so good. I also like to make hot tea from the mint growing in my garden. When I lived in Ethiopia many years ago, I enjoyed many a cup of Ethipian tea. It was a necessity to sit down with whoever you were doing business with and have a small cup of hot tea. If you did not drink it, you may as well forget getting anything done such as getting your water or electricity turned on!! I live in the South and also enjoy the "Southern House Wine"... or sweet iced tea. I drink mine with Stevia or Spenda in because I am diabetic, but a nice, tall, cold glass of sweet tea on a hot summer day is so enjoyable.

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

I used to drink a glass or two of ice tea on a hot summer day. I mostly used Lipton's tea. Then Lipton came out with tea especially for iced tea using cold water. It got so I couldn't make a decent glass or pitcher of iced tea. It was about then I decided to try another cup of tea. Now I very rarely drink iced tea. Yet, I'm still a coffee hound also.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw a commercial the other day for Luzianne pour and stir, I think it was called, a new product they have for quickly making iced tea. I don't care for the dried crystal iced tea, and when I do make it iced, I usually make via tea bags or loose tea, but I might try their new item.

12. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I do enjoy a mug of hot tea on occasion. I love English Breakfast tea and Constant Comment. I found a new flavor of Bigalow tea called Watermelon Lime that I will be trying out soon. I have several kinds of mint plus Lemon Balm in my garden and it is coming up now so will soon be drinking hot AND iced tea made from the fresh leaves. I am in the South so the "Southern House Wine" also known as sweet tea will be consumed by the gallon this summer. Mine is sweetened with Splenda or Steva with a sprig of fresh, bruised mint from my garden and plenty of ice.

13. Bill Boggs

Registered

My daughter and grandson drove up last Saturday. Before one meal he asked me to fix us a pot of tea. He asked if I had any have assam tea. I told him I might have enough for a pot.Before he left he ordered on line a three pack of tea from Andrew & Dunham, full leaf tea. I told him I had a couple of tins of other black teas. He said this is where I get mine, I think you'll like it. I'm sure I will but it's too rich for me. Right now, after having dinner, I'm sipping the last cup from that picture of tea I made. It was hot but has gotten cold but still has a good flavor. ,So here c in about a week I'll be loaded with tea leaves.

PS. The reason for my grandson's generosity with the tea purchase is it's was my birthday.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Sarah Price

Sarah Price Veteran Member
    Registered

I LOVE tea! I probably drink two quarts a day. I actually prefer brewed tea rather than hot tea, so I brew the tea, allow it to cool for a bit, then put it into a two quart container. I use loose tea sometimes and I'll use a french press for that. When I used to work full-time, it seems like my entire Sunday afternoon was spent making up enough tea to last me all week long.

Diane Lane likes this.
  15. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I do! I never was too big on coffee, so tea was always my favorite drink in the evening if I just wanted to relax while reading a book or watching rain fall peacefully outside. Ever since I was young, I was a major tea drinker.