Who Would You Like To See As The Next President?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, May 1, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We'd do well with four more years of Trump, but can you imagine how well things would go if even the members of his own party in Congress would cooperate with him.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Jack Knight

Jack Knight Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

For me 2020 and the challenges yet to be known is a little to soon to be consiidering who might serve America's interest best. Key to that is serving America's interest.
    The agenda of the republican party and conservative policy works for me. I was hoping that immigration and anchor children would be much less of a problem than it is but was disappointed when all the power to make positive changes didn't happen. Now even less likely.
    Jobs Improving but a long way to go.
    Trade imbalance time will tell on that issue.
    Health Care not a problem for me but a lingering issue that affects many.

All in All I guess I'M HOPING FOR a 3rd. party candidate that will be able to intimadate the politicians that aren't serving the interests of America.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Donald Trump because he's getting stuff done.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

The Wrong Stuff IMO.

Mary Robi likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump should run again but as far as Cruz running as vice I don't know. The vice is a replacement for the president if he dies in office but Cruz is a Canadian although nothing was said when he ran for president he was not legally able to be president. Sorry I forgot we had a Obama

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

In order for Trump to be successful he's got to get rid of the namely-pamby go-along-to-get-along politicians in the Republican party.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Lulu Moppet

Registered

"No lawsuit or challenge has been successful, and in February 2016, the Illinois Board of Elections ruled in Cruz's favor, stating, "The candidate is a natural born citizen by virtue of being born in Canada to his mother who was a U.S. citizen at the time of his birth."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

Mary Robi and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha Ha...ain't Bobby the one?

Hal

9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Right now I'm leaning toward Beto (Robert Francis) O'Rourke.

beto.JPG

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  10. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Nancy----ME TOO!!

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As a good looking and charismatic 47 years old politician / businessman, Beto did pretty well running against Cruz but that was an election based on the popular vote.
    His looks, ability to speak and campaign fund base would carry him a good distance but in a presidential race it is doubtful if he could carry the majority of the 38 electoral votes needed to take Texas.
    Added to the fact that he said he wouldn’t run for the presidency because he wishes to be close to his family, he also has the skeleton of the controversial “leaving the scene of an accident” that would continually be pulled from the proverbial closet in a presidential run.

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

He doesn't need to take Texas. Ohio and Florida should do it.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  13. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Could it be? That Cruz is better liked in Texas than Trump?

As for skeletons in the closet, who was it who bragged he liked to grab women's pussies? Who has been proven to cheat during 3 marriages? Who has provable shady business dealings? Also, lying about why he won't show his tax returns? And What If............those tax returns be made public somehow and show indebtedness to Russia, etc?

I won't deny Trump is a phenomenon, but I do think the shine is wearing thin. It's not just wishful thinking. It's the way it is at this moment and of course I know he could swing back.

No, the Republican's best bet is that the Dems will shoot themselves in their own feet, as is their custom, and nominate the wrong person. As well as Beto, I also really like Senators Sherrod Brown of Ohio and Sheldon Whitehouse (he's even got the name!) of Rhode Island. I do not want any of the current Democratic women who have expressed interest, except maybe for VP. I do not want, in any capacity, Senator Kirstin Gillebrand from NY. Don't think she has a chance anyway.

It is important to me that the President should not be in his seventies or even sixties. I do prefer a person in their forties or fifties. I want youthful vigor. Age would not be my reason to reject; it's just that I want someone who can relate more and actually be part of, the future, even if I'm not here to see it. IMO

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So far as president Trump’s past dealings with women, we could go on and on.
    Do note though, when Bill C. was in office, he wasn’t being impeached for anything he did or didn’t do with Monica or any other woman. He was being impeached for lying to the Senate.
    All I am saying is that having affairs and saying what a lot of younger men think is not a something that will totally devastate a running candidate although in D. Trump’s case, it did hurt him for the female vote.

Beto, on the other hand, will have a problem with a few million people who have been in accidents and didn’t walk away from them as he is loosely accused of doing.
    There is a given though. He will garner the votes from “some” females who like good looking and confident guys. JFK was voted in not only on his looks and speech, but the fact that he was Catholic. Sometimes it just doesn’t take very much to be elected president.
    Hopefully most women (and men) will try to make a decision based on real facts and not based on some glitz and glamor fantasy island vote which does seem to be most popular nowadays.

It’s like I wrote before though. If a Democrat does pop up that, in my opinion, is better than whoever else is in the running, I will be more than happy to vote for him or her.
    Yes, I’m considered a conservative but I lean heavily toward an independent standing. I have always detested labels and boxes but I have to face the facts in that it takes a label AND a box to be president.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I would like to see for president who ever the Republican nominee turns out to be.