Why Is It...?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is it that each time a tree falls on a power line and knocks out electricity, the ridiculous liberals flood Reddit r/Houston with "ABBOTT'S FAULT!! GET RID OF THE REPUBLICANS". Bunch of ignorant nimrods.

They need to move back to CA and leave us alone.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Uh….not really the definition of Democracy.
    In short, Democracy simply means that the majority rules which is why we are NOT a Democracy but rather a Constitutional Republic.

Now, to the topic, why is it that the vast majority of our media states and Believes the U.S. is a Democracy?

And to that question, why is it that as boomers, we were mostly taught that the U.S. is a Democracy?
    It is when I took a mandatory Civics class when I learned the truth but only after being hammered by unknowing teachers teaching ignorant children their version of our Government.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

LOL…..I agree with everything you wrote except the Nimrod part. They are indeed ignorant, divisive and even mentally inept but Nimrods they are definitely not.

Yeah, I realize that Nimrod is an expression that is used to describe those who have too few brain cells to actually call it a brain but Nimrod in reality was described as the First Great man and a mighty hunter. Some writings have even said that he was one of the first metallurgists.

So, I have often wondered how Nimrod got such a bad rap? Maybe the tower of Babel had something to do with it? Dunno.

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When Youngkin (R) had been elected Virginia's governor but not yet taken office, Virginia had a snowstorm. U.S. Senator Kaine (D)--who had been governor of the state in the past--got on social media and started ragging on Youngkin's poor response to the storm. It would have been bad enough if Youngkin had just taken office, but the fact of the matter was Youngkin had not yet taken office, and the suck job was being done by Governor Northam (D) who had been in office for 4 years. Kaine neither apologized nor held the proper person accountable. The lying Virginia ex-governor (and Virginia Senator) knew when power traded hands.

I wish this garbage were emanating from a fixed locale.

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

The difference is the lower case "N".

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

They just don't let facts get in their way.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Typical it is the way mankind works.
    A guy lives and dies and is known for being a great king and hunter and a few thousand years later hia name gets demoted to denote something akin to the village idiot.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I did know we are a Constitutional Republic but I have heard Biden and others claim to be saving democracy.

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Of course you know Mary. I didn’t doubt it.

The thing that grinds my gears though is that during the Vietnam War, the media and the elites in Government did the same thing; “We’re beating back Communism and saving our Democracy”. Huh?

It’s a catch phrase utilized by those who have nothing else to offer and meant to instill fear and garner votes. Sadly, it seems to work.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I am still not 100% sure of the Why of the VietNam war:mad:

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Because we were asked by South Vietnam to help keep the North out. We accepted, however, from what I've heard, South Vietnam basically wanted us to do all of the work/fighting for them. And, on top of that, I seriously doubt if General Westmoreland, who was in-charge of our forces, really under-estimated just how many Viet Cong and NVA there were.

And, for what it's worth, it wasn't a "war". It was never declared a war. It was, however, a political conflict.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is it that I can't remember the good "Why is it" that I thought of a few days ago? :rolleyes:

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is it... I lookup something Incognito, yet the topic always shows up on the websites? I know the answer really - but frustrating.

Don Alaska and Shirley Martin like this.
  14. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Because they are watching us. Recently, my DIL and I were sitting in my kitchen talking. She had her cellphone on the table, but it wasn't turned on. She said she was having a problem with mildew in her washing machine. Later, I turned my computer on and, BEHOLD! there was a popup of, "How to remove mildew from your washing machine."

Why is it that they think I have a mildew problem in my washing machine?

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I know that just irks me butt!

Don Alaska likes this.