Why Is It...?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Because My stuff is healthy whilst everyone else’s stuff isn’t?
    The same as:
    I’m always right and everyone else is wrong.:rolleyes:

2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I've gotten so picky over the years that I don't got to restaurants because I think about who's doing the cooking. Fast food is what I lived on for years though, and I loved it, I think I was addicted :D I have familial (most likely because my gramma had it but mom didn't) T2 Diabetes, and I have to think about what's in the only foods I'd care to order:( It's not fun being "different" like that, but basically, I had the "phobia" before I knew I had diabetes.

I do not like it when folks make a face at what someone else enjoys eating. I think about their health but I keep my mouth shut because I had to find my own way to what I believe is best for me. I mentioned something the other day about something I like to eat, and this gal downstairs loves to make faces, or say something rude.

3. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm not so sure that because it says "organic" that it is anyway, in fact, at this moment I can't think exactly what organic even means, lol!!

4. Denise Evans

Registered

I'm about 5 foot long, but don't know how many krill I'd need to eat?? How much does a married Blue Whale need @John Brunner ;)

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Boy, Beth, your thread here has gotten very interesting! Seriously. And, btw, I'm still thinking about what I want to say in your thread.

Beth Gallagher and Denise Evans like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's the problem. Once you put a ring on her flipper...

Regarding your wondering what "organic" means...it's more "feelz" than facts (reduce pollution, make animals happy before slaughter) with some restrictions on fertilizer and pesticide use. Some data shows possible health benefits of organic foods when compared with foods grown using the usual/conventional process. (In other words, the Marketing Team did the study.)

Next we'll take potshots at the false notion that "Buy Local" benefits the environment.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Organic means it costs twice as much, Denise. :D:D:D

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

OK, but try to "steer" away from rodeo and/or tatoos, please. :p

9. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, I'll polish up my armor, Denise of Arc :p
    Right on Beth ;) I mean what is an organic egg, it still shoots out of a chickens, well, lower regions:D:p

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes but you started with burgers Beth, so burgers mean cattle, and cattle mean Cowboys, and Cody is my favorite cowboy in the world!!

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, one was the facial tattoos of rapper Post Malone and Jelly Roll. We are seeing more and more young folks getting facial tattoos and it looks like...........well, you know what I mean. Other than a Tattoo Parlor, just who would hire someone that looked like this? I mean, both Post Malone and Jelly Roll are music celebrities and don't have to worry about having a job.

Denise Evans likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Another "why is it?" would be about apartment residents having a pet snake. I notice a young guy, with his girlfriend or wife and their young son and the guy had a yellow/white snake in his hands. I asked a Rental Agent if they were allowed and she said "yes" So much for our complaining.
    The last complex we lived in, the Leasing Agreement stated "no snakes" and our next-door neighbor had one in a glass enclosure by the front window and left the curtains open. I told the manager about the snake and nothing was ever done. Guess people lie all of the time, concerning pets, and will have one that they are not suppose to have, in their apartment.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

WHY IS IT... that you can't find something else to talk about? beatdeadhorse.gif

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

On one excursion to Whole Foods, I decided to look at the meats.
    Once my eyes locked onto the Organic Chicken Breasts for $10.99 a lb., I took a step back and decided to stick to the nasty inorganic stuff I’ve been stuffing down my throat for over 70 years.

I just don’t know how I’ve lived so long without organic food. Hmmmmm. Imma gonna thinks on that fer maybe …..a minute.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My nephew is a farmer and part of his operation is organic vegetables. They are very difficult to grow because of all the regulations surrounding the organic designation (fertilizers, weeds, etc.) , but he says it is a money-maker.

Jenna Parnellson and Bobby Cole like this.