Why Is It...?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Snakes eat all kinds of stuff: Even people and from my understanding, they particularly like to eat folks who complain about them ….especially apartment managers.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is it..apartment managers waste a whole tree a year just to write up new rules, but when someone is obviously breaking one, residents have to show proof, or try to drag our so-called live-in caretaker out of his comfy free, with small salary apartment? I'm really not going to break and enter, or stand outside someone's window while they are smoking God knows what in their apartments and take photos of the smoke rolling out? Yet they keep on shoving notices in our doors prohibiting certain things. Duhhhh!! Your rules aren't working!!

3. Denise Evans

Registered

So you never complained when you lived in an apartment @Bobby Cole ;)? I have to live in one too, and the way some people care for pets, I wouldn't trust that particular pet-owner to keep an eye on his snake or feed it regularly:rolleyes:

Bobby Cole and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, but there are, from what I've seen/heard about, young folks who don't care if they are evicted from an apartment and lose their good credit. And, there are apartment managers that want to keep their apartments full, so they will do very little, if nothing at all, about folks who break any part of a leasing agreement. Management will send out an e-mail telling about a certain problem and include a warning, but, basically, nothing is done, as in: not picking up dog poop, smoking only in designated areas, loud music and one that really riles me is: parking in a Handicap spot and the person isn't Handicap or not displaying the Placard.

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

Not picking up their dog poop is really a problem here for other dog-owners because of the small grass area. It gets full fast and when you are in a hurry with your dog, go out there and step in it, it has somehow transformed into super-glue, it's hard to get off treadded boots :mad:

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It means that the door to the coop we left open so the chicken could go outside if it wanted to. The chicken may have stayed inside all of its life, but it was not imprisoned, so that existential benefit was somehow transferred to the egg, for which you & the Dali Lama are more than happy to pay a premium.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Nope. I didn’t have any complaints but I did stop living in them.
    I don’t like living that close to other people and I don’t like other people getting into my business which is why people live in houses instead of apartments.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

In a dinky little village not from from my last place of work there was a little ice cream shop and grill that made the best smash burgers. Crispy edges, cheese melted right into the patty on the grill, tasty rye bun.

Oops... I guess this moveable feast has already moved on! :p

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

We need to get it back on track. Now it's just another thread rehashing that which needed not to be hashed in the first place.

I loved the belly bombs made my White Castle (or maybe it was Little Tavern.)
    "Buy 'Em By The Bag"

At some point I came across one of those 100th generation mimeographed sheets of reverse-engineered recipes for famous fast foods (Wendy's chili, KFC chicken, etc.) The recipe for the belly bombs was in it. The secret ingredient is liver...1/4# liver per 1# burger. It's the real deal.

Jacob Petersheim likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Bobby, people who live in houses, unless like my step-parents who lived 1/2 mile from any neighbor, have problems. When we had our house, two large Woods Owls would sit at each end of house behind ours and hoot at 2AM. My idea of a boat light got rid of both. Then there were the next door neighbors two dogs, in the backyard, that would bark in the middle of the night. Got that to stop also.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Why is it that everyone in every commercial is smiling, no matter what they are doing? No one smiles when they eat, unless they snuck some hot sauce into the food of their dining partner and they're giggling to themselves. I find it to be "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" creepy...it ain't human. I don't trust it.

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, "Why is it?" that so many people today just don't care anymore about what they do and/or how it affects others?

Denise Evans and John Brunner like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Here's another one: "Why is it?" that there are high school graduates that go to college/university, either paid by their parents or a School Loans, spend countless hours of studying, get a Bachelors, Masters or even a PhD and then work in the area of that Degree for a year and decide "this career isn't for me". I mean, anyone could think, "why didn't you think about that career, before spending the time and money to get a major Degree in it and then not be in that career that long?"

At a Dodge Dealership in Colorado, we met a young lady that had got a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice, worked for a year in it, quit and went to work as a New/Used Car Sales Lady. She told us straight out, "I didn't like the Criminal Justice career!"

Jenna Parnellson and Don Alaska like this.
  14. John Brunner

Because no matter what I do, someone will have a problem with it. So I could do nothing, but some people would then call me lazy. There are degrees. Having consideration of others is a two way street...I would not play loud music after hours, and others should not complain about the car I drive or the clothes I wear.

Our freedoms are 100% dependent on us all tolerating behaviour with which we disagree.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Sorry, John, just isn't going to happen, especially between the young and the old/older.