Wife Having A Terrible Time!

Discussion in 'Senior Employment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, she's going to take a break from her job search for a couple of weeks, but after that...…….it's back to old grind again. Just like I told her "you go girl/Honey!!"

Micki Pembroke and Lois Winters like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

At last Pete, something slightly controversial and we both agree.
    Now, I’d like to take it one step further. I have not heard of a “work or enter at your own risk” disclaimer yet. If say, Cody’s wife did get a job somewhere and caught the virus by going to work, would there be ample justification for a law suit? There are some employers who are throwing caution to the wind, so to speak, and I am sure are risking several workman’s comp claims by doing business as usual.

Of course, the good thing about Cody’s wife is that she’s an accountant so maybe she could do some work from home but what about the guys and gals who work in grocery and department stores? In the wake of a possible cure, could it be that a lot of infected employees will be filing class action law suits after the smoke has cleared?
    I can’t figure out what provoked the thought but I can really see a bunch of ambulance chasing lawyers going to town after all is said and done.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

I've thought of this too @Bobby Cole and I'm sure the President may have to end up making an Executive Order against something like this happening.

My husband's boss asked him to stay home for two weeks with pay so that he wouldn't risk getting the virus from work and passing it to me...I know he did this because he is worried about me as their are several older people who work there that will still be going to work. This little Country store is like a family and they do more than their share to take care of their "family". We appreciate this very much too.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I promise you that EMS, fire departments, and the police are still at work, although procedures might be changed to accommodate the panic.

Lois Winters and Micki Pembroke like this.
  5. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

My son was fortunate to just have been able to hire a good accountant and his wife who will see that he has all his appointments are kept in order as well as deposits being made to his business account. This duo was recommended by his neighbor who is also his landscaper. Eases his problems somewhat as his late wife took care of all this.

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Veteran Member
    Registered

Due to us being under a "Stay At Home" Order now, by the Governor, she's still searching on her laptop, and has applied a few places, but doubts anything will happen right now. She did tell me, "If someone wants to interview me on my iPhone Facetime, that's ok, but definitely not in-person."

Lois Winters likes this.