Wife's Low-carb Diet Item

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Frank Sanoica, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had read about making the peanut butter ones before, @Frank Sanoica , and they are great treats for dogs, too; since they can get their coconut oil easily that way.
    When I first gave Chipper one, he was not sure if he wanted it, and I added just a dab more peanut butter so it had a better smell, and then he gobbled it right down. Once he ate the first one, he loves them !
    All I put in mine was some peanut butter and coconut oil, buzzed it up good in the Ninja blender, and then refrigerated the whole thing.
    I think that this is a great way to get my daily dosage of coconut oil ! I have been just taking a spoonful of it, plain; but with the peanut butter mixed in, it is delicious.
    I am going to experiment on some different flavors using sugar-free pudding mix and see how that works out.
    I even tried putting the coconut oil in my iced coffee before; but since it hardens up so easy, there was little chunks of it even after a good blending. This makes it a much easier way to mix the oil up and get the right amount each day.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica Here's your cauliflower rice recipe...good thing I know how to find things. :p

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey Frank, I believe it. I now make Spaghetti Squash often, instead of white pasta's. Mention that to your wife, it's way good with some chicken, and I like the garlic parmesan sauce on it. It's pretty amazing learning this stuff. I need to cut back again on my carbs, the white flour types are my pitfall;)

4. Denise Evans

Registered

It's really helpful though if you're a carb junkie like me Sheldon;) I love raw vegies too, but when I can make some spaghetti squash in place of white pasta's, it's yummy that way too;)

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Staying away from white flour and sugars is a good way for me as well, works for me I mean. I do still like an occasional sweet potato or Yam. I eat nuts & seeds bread, but no more than 2 slices per day. Way to go on the weight-loss. Good for you:)

Frank Sanoica likes this.