Will The President Be Acquitted?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Hal Pollner, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't vote for him in 2016, but I am definitely voting for him in 2020. I am sick to death of the never-ending extreme left wing idiots and their pointless, time-wasting witch hunt. For the first time in my voting life I will enter the booth and slam the "RED" lever. I don't even care who the candidates are; if they are Republican they get my vote.

I want that wall built; I am sick of this country being overrun by illegals. So yeah, I believe Trump will get a second term.

3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Well yes it may be satire. Says so right on top of the page. But clever of you to not bring the truth right out.
    However,even though that rag is satire, I am pretty sure that the very act will be floated somewhere about his 6th or 7 year mark, and will be jumped on joyfully and with the full support of the Republican party.
    The only question, will the extension be another 4 year term or will it be a life time term?.

4. Peter Renfro

Registered

Gee, you got levers to slam! Maybe I will make really big bold strokes with my marker.

5. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I've done it that way since I was old enough to start voting. My dad taught me that letting even one democrat remain in office was exactly like letting one cockroach stay alive in the kitchen. :D

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Haha. I have always been an independent, voting for :gasp: several Democrats in the past, including the Clintons. I was a huge Bill Clinton fan, but those days are gone forever. I try to study individuals and their platforms before voting, and believe me there are plenty of goofy Republican candidates. I wanted to vote for John McCain but his choice of Sarah Palin eliminated that vote; I chose to abstain that cycle. So my politics are all over the place. :D

Tom Galty and Bess Barber like this.
  7. Peter Renfro

Registered

Real nice attitude towards your fellow patriots!
    Happy EMOJI's won't hide your true intent!

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I would say yes, he's going to be acquitted. Susan Collins is likely to lose her reelection bid this year. The Bernie Democrats already hate her, and the others might like the fact that she votes with them most of the time but they're going to vote for the Democrat. Republicans are, I believe, angry enough with her this time around that I think a lot of them won't be voting for her. The majority of voters in Maine are unregistered. They consist of people like myself, who are too conservative to be a part of Maine's liberal Republican Party, and those like our Senator Angus King, who are actually Democrats.

The wildcard will be Maine's ranked-choice-voting, which is an incredibly nutty idea in which the candidate with the most votes loses unless s/he gets a majority of the votes. So if the candidate with the most votes has less than 50% of the total votes cast, they will look at the candidate who voters have marked as their second choice. Ballots that have not marked a second choice candidate are not considered in the second pass-over. Since Republicans mostly oppose RCV, many Republican voters refuse to make a second or third choice, so their votes are only counted if their candidate gets a majority of the votes. For the same reason, conservatives don't put up an independent candidate, while liberals do, so RCV benefits the liberal Democrats. We lost a Republican US Congressman in 2016, even though he had more votes than the one who was declared the winner. Watch our for ranked-choice voting when it comes to your state.

Back on topic, a vote to convict Trump on impeachment would require two-thirds of the Senate vote, and I don't see that coming.

9. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

I wasn't trying to hide any intent. I don't keep my political view points a secret.
    'Fellow patriot' may be stretching my opinion on some of the more vocal liberals out there.

Sheldon Scott and Beth Gallagher like this.
  10. Bess Barber

Task Force Registered

My personal opinions regarding certain issues are not always in line with the conservative average, such as gay rights,
    but I still vote hardcore Republican.

Sheldon Scott and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

It would be nice if we knew who you were trying to insult. :rolleyes: If it's me, you need to work harder.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

This is what absolutely infuriates me. :mad:

Democrats Vow Trump Probes to Go On After Impeachment Trial Ends
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-vow-trump-probes-impeachment-110000081.html

(Bloomberg) -- President Donald Trump’s scrutiny by Congress won’t end with his expected acquittal in the Senate. House Democrats have a list of inquiries they plan to pursue when the impeachment saga is over.

“The investigations and oversight will continue,” said Representative Carolyn Maloney of New York, head of the Oversight and Reform Committee, the lead investigative panel in the House. “We’ve got several cases.”

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They have nothing else. They don't have any candidates who aren't senile or deranged, and their only goal over the past three years has been to impeach Trump, and that's only important to them because they know they can't beat him in an election.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  14. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry my eyesight is not as good as it was when you're. I wasn't trying to be snarky like you.

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Well said, Beth...WELL SAID!!!:D

Hal

Beth Gallagher likes this.