2+2=5?

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Bobby Cole, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

But this is about children. Few are being taught at home because mom and dad have to work. There's no excuse for adults that already have a fundamental belief in knowing right from wrong. That little boy in the film represents a good family where he was taught right from wrong early on.

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

With what is going on within our education system today it strikes me of how Hitler Youth was born.

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Atta girl! Absolutes are non-negoatable.

4. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Different generational values. I was raised and trained, educated different from my grandchildren. It seems corporate America does not want smart, intelligent workers. Smart, intelligent workers cause problems, so the educational system is dumbing down our children to be more compliant, submissive individuals, keep quite to do what they are told.

5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I still submit that the transformation from a thinking society to one of obedience without question didn't happen just in the last few years. It started when teachers and professors were devising illusions to prove that there are no absolutes. It started with math and science. Later political science became popular. It isn't science at all but rather brainwashing.

I gave an example in my earlier post of how this was done. Many thinking minds were tricked into believing that we must assume variables that don't exist. It took many years to change the sound thinking of absolutes that are universal facts into the illusion of just theories and opinions. For those few that dare question the new way, then they are/were easy to silence and be forced into submission. Technology was the final move to total control.

Society has been dumbed down with most not being aware and those aware were mocked and finally mostly silenced. I grew up with a partially mentally retarded neighbor. I still think of him as the father of modern math and thinking. He was the community weather forecaster and spent most days helping around the feed store. I adopted one of his weather predictions (as humor) that proves that 1+1=3.

Little Faye: "Hey Joe, what is the weather forecast today?"
    Old Joe: "Well, I tell you, girl, it is going to be blowing snow (he raises his index finger), freezing rain (he raises his middle finger and now 2 fingers up), both (he raises his ring finger 3 fingers up), or all three ( and he swipes using the index of his other hand across all 3 raised fingers).

I decided that old Joe was right because he didn't expect me to assume that 1+1=3, he demonstrated the variable of both, and I could see it with my own eyes. :rolleyes::oops: All my young mind knew was that blowing snow with freezing rain seen individually and then counted as both for another element, led to one crappy day:D

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
    Al Amoling likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Most people want to be a part of the tribe aka clique. They will ignore facts to go along with their peers ,associate's or family.
    This is one of the main reasons ,

" In a time of national deceit ,telling the truth can be a revolutionary act".

Jeff Elohim likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

What a crock of crap. It amazes me that we have spent our entire lives learning how to improve educationally, mentally, emotionally, even how eat- or not.. only to come back later and and say- oh this is wrong by todays standards. My motto- if it ain't broke- leave it tha hell alone !

8. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, it is insidious.
    It did not even start in our generation, nor the previous 2 or 3 ...
    That's one reason there's so many wrong and opposing views people hold - they don't know, or if they know, they prefer to keep things status quo - don't rock the boat that feeds them.

9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

True.
    The Truth is rarely heard,
    and rarely permitted.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

... or complacency, frustration, exhaustion.
    'Do nothing', because it seems both overwhelming and useless to tell the truth.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    Bobby Cole and Faye Fox like this.
  12. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

At least two 2's put side by side do appear to be 22. All one has to do is ignore the +.

Bobby Cole and Tom Galty like this.