2024 R N C

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Screwing won't get them anything, but either their big money, or some other corrupt being with a lot of money, seem to be able to buy anything!

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

DeSantis and Nikki Haley will be speaking tonight.

In other news, I have started reading Hillbilly Elegy and so far I am enjoying it. I won't watch the movie until I finish the book.

3. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I started the book this afternoon but the universe (or something) was against me. I didn't get very far because there were too many interruptions. Maybe tomorrow will go better.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

OMG, I am gleeful. No other way to describe it!! :D:D:D I will be glued to the TV.

Kamala Harris Is Ready to Debate J.D. Vance, Biden Campaign Says
    The vice president also offered her congratulations to the Ohio senator, Donald Trump’s running mate pick.

Don Alaska, Bobby Cole and Vada Bloom like this.
  5. Vada Bloom

Registered

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’m going to wait for Kamala to say something to Vance like: You were a never Trumper and switched which makes you a hypocrite.
    And his expected answer will be: You debated Joe Biden and called him a racist and a misogynist and then when you were picked for VP you said he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Vada Bloom and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Vada Bloom

Registered

John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Vada Bloom, Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah. His intentions were unclear:rolleyes:. Could be one of those FBI plant guys. He's probably claiming to be a Republican voter from Iran who is working for Russia.

10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Probably has his Proud Boys hat in his backpack alongside his shield.

Vada Bloom, Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  11. Ed Marsh

Ed Marsh Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning to all-
    I've lived a long time and I have seen a lot of unhappy situations in the political system of our country. but folks, I've never seen anything like what we have right now.

We have a choice. Joe Biden, a tired, weary, scattered old man. or Donald Trump, a privileged, vile, evil old man. This choice to be made is not a good one for any of us. Neither of these old men gives intelligent voters much of a good feeling.
    And we have Bob Menendez, a Democrat, found guilty of gross financial cheating. And we have Matt Gaetz, a Republican, under lengthy investigation for sexual misdeeds and possible statutory rape- and there are others on both sides of the aisle who are bad actors.

The whole system is badly broken, but looking for decent, intelligent people who serve in the political system is a waste of time. There are so very few.

And folks on both sides who blame the "other side" for all of the trouble are just plain mislead and deluded. The problem is not the system- it's as good a political system as eve devised. It's just the nasty, self-minded liars on both sides who corrupt and stink up the system.

We need term limits so vey badly.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

12. Denise Evans

Registered

There's hypocrisy on both sides. How can we be calling for unity when we are still being divisive. I'm getting wake-up calls, and I ask God to keep me from turning back to the same stuff the enemy hands out. I mean the real enemy, not humans. I have to stop "drinking the kool-aid", it's poison and it's lies. The only thing that will save any of us (unite people) is the love that God teaches us, the love Jesus gave at the cross.

Last night I was so high on the speeches given at RNC, then, when it was over, I was looking around Youtube and came upon Tucker interviewing a christian named John Rich that had a dream, or vision where God told him to write a song about Revelation. My heart and soul were reminded of Truth. Too many that I heard speak last night are still being divisive, and the crowd cheered. We can't stop the divisiveness but we can let God change us, ask Him. It's horrible what the children are learning, they are learning to fear life itself, they feel they have no future.

When I was a little girl, I worshiped old people, I loved all elderly people. I look around at us here on this forum, or on my Facebook. It's been some time since I remembered how I so loved and looked up to elderly people. They were a wonder to me, seemed so wise, and safe to be around.

It was hard to realize the truth of what speakers said last night, the "blame" card was placed but it was placed in the "wrong" place. We are in a spiritual battle and too many still don't recognize it. I know most of you won't have a clue what the hell I'm talking about, and I'm sad for that but it's not my job to convince anyone of Truth. The saddest part is, many won't get it, until it's way too late.

I've been absolutely one of the worst offenders, I do not want to be, and pray God keeps me from drinking any more poison that separates me from Him. My heart goes out to those that spend their time hating, blaming, instead of praying for God's forgiveness, because I know what it does to me. If you think you're so smart, and don't need, or even believe in our Creator, than He won't ever force you.

I pray God somehow gets through to all of us, and we change our ways before it's too late.

I said it here because I doubt I'll ever be anyone that Tucker Carlson will want to interview. I don't care what anyone does with this post, I did what I believed I was supposed to, I couldn't join in this morning with comments are truly no different than the Lefts. I'm too convicted by my own divisiveness and ultimately, it's up to God what becomes of these words. I'll trust in Him because I am not alone.

Vada Bloom likes this.
  13. Vada Bloom

Registered

Denise, I see your struggle and have one of my own. There's a lot in your post I could agree with, reply to, or both but I'm just going to say that I too struggle with my reactions and responses to the hatred that is all over this country right now. I refuse to allow the haters to make me like them, Keep praying and I will too.

I took some time this morning to continue reading Vance's book. I think I'm going to have questions I get through it . I keep stopping to think about what he wrote and why. Maybe I will understand the why better when I finish or after Vance speaks tonight.

Last night's speeches were kind of a mix. As before, the ordinary American's speeches were outstanding. I don't think there could have been a dry eye anywhere after the women who spoke about illegal immigrant killers, opioids coming over the open borde and NYC crime.

The politician speakers were a mix. I had to turn the sound down during Haley's opening. I saw this morning that she had both cheers and boos. I suppose she may have brought a few votes into the fold. Fox skipped a lot of them including some I will look for if I have time.

Denise Evans likes this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I think that it is really good that President Trump is working towards bringing all Americans together again and into the fold as equals, whether it is people who have supported him since the beginning, or people who are just now changing their minds, and I think that we all need to be ready to accept these people as well.
    Most of us who are conservative have friends and relatives that are liberals, and who we have been trying to explain that the media lies about everything, and all the good stuff they said about Biden has been lies, and the bad stuff about Trump were lies, too. Seeing Biden at the debate helped a lot to wake up liberals that they were being lied to that Biden was a competant persn and able to be president.

Biden is still trying to repeat those same old lies, even after the media has accepted they were lies, like the story about Trump saying Nazi’s are good people and stuff like that.
    Anyway, now that some of these people are actually waking up, and becoming conservatives and Trump supporters, we have to remember that this is what we have been wanting them to do for all of this time, and welcome them in. Not rebuke and reject them because it took them up until now to see the truth.

An interesting thing that i was reading on Twitter, is that in the Old Testament, the sign of someone whom God was going to consecrate and anoint was to put blood on their right ear.
    When I look at the photos and video of Trump at the RNC, I can see a difference in his face, and it reflects peace and love, more so than it ever did before.
    It is this that is helping him to bring together this torn-up country, and I think that people are starting to realize this.

Vada Bloom and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Denise Evans

Registered

I feel the battle, and stuggle going on in me, so I feel I understand a little about yours Vada. I so appreciate you talking to me, it's scarey to write something that I feel so alone but the struggle in many of us is deep and wide, I'm am not alone in that.

Vada Bloom likes this.