2024 R N C

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I should watch it to see how I react. Will I have sympathy, will I let them piss me off, will I remember Who's in control of all of it? Most of all, will I pray for them, and that's the hardest one for me.

2. Denise Evans

Registered

No darlin, it is not, I call you that like I would my own brother, hope you don't mind. You are so right, people are looking for something, I know, I've searched all my life. I'm not quite sure if I'll continue to feel like I belong here, or there, or anywhere, but I think I know the answer, but it's hard to turn and take the right path because it seems so contrary than my human brain sees it.

3. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Some think the DNC is going to be like '68 with riots outside and protests inside. The way things are shaping up that seems possible. There are so many factions and they are already fighting with each other. On top of that add the pro-Hamas wing rioting in the streets and it seems like anything could happen. Maybe they are voting remotely because they may not be able to vote in person.

Denise Evans and John Brunner like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

You are definitely not the only person who thinks that way. I thought his speech was at least an hour too long, and touched on things that should be let go. Similarly, each time I hear Biden say "Jan. 6" it makes me grind my teeth. Time to move forward and knock off the rehash.

Don Alaska and John Nopales like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

This either is a weird coincidence, or a true story of this happening before, in the bible. At one point, I think it was the Israelites being up against insurmountable odds, but God told them not to fear that He would go before them. Something like that. When the Israealites went out prepared to battle their enemies, the enemies were fighting and killing each other. I guess the only thing to say here is believe it or not.

Anyone is invited to correct me if I'm wrong about it being in the bible. Edit: at least I wasn't delusional thinking it was in the bible, I just found it:

god turns enemies of judah against each other killing them.JPG

Last edited: Jul 19, 2024
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Kamala is beating the "Refuses to respect the results of a valid election" drum.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Denise Evans

Registered

Same ole tactics still thinking some will buy into it. But why not, look what's been believed the last, almost, 4 years, and beyond.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Most of them went beyond my attention span.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  9. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Reminds me of that Van Morrison song:

And the girls walk by
    dressed up for each other

They are in love with the sound of each other's voices. I don't know why conventions get aired for the public.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

For me it depends on what I'm interested in listening to and who. I can relate to short attention spans though regarding some writings and some people.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

"people" on SOC need a good look in the mirror. The fruits and vegetables that frequent this site are complaining about what they heard (and saw) at the convention :p:D The 243 peepers that never set foot in here, just come here for comedy-relief, are the smartest of all.

upload_2024-7-20_4-34-38.jpeg

12. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The mirror can be a scary place. I have no idea where all that white hair came from but it has taken over my mirror, barely leaving enough room for the wrinkles.

There are a lot of political places where people are disagreeing about Trump's speech. I took a tour of them. People have opinions and it's good to express them and read other perspectives.

At another senior forum they aren't discussing it. Instead they are complaining because they aren't allowed to speak about politics. That was both an entertaining and pathetic thread. :D

Off-topic, I know, but I will just mention here that First Baptist in Dallas (Robert Jeffress' church) burned down yesterday. Was it old wiring or was it set? Not sure there will be interest here.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Registered

My main point was the "pot calling the kettle black" Vada, but yes, we do have Freedom of Speech in this country, well, pretty much anyway. Some are being punished for it like "what sounds to me" too much a coincidence that's the church in Dallas burned down :( I think we should be prepared for "hell" showings it's face more and more. Just my opinion. I am all about Trump winning, but I'm not fool enough to believe evil in this country will be wiped out by any human.
    It's a nice thought and I am happy for patriots standing up for America, certainly gives me hope for so many, especially those brave enough to actually participate in showing their patriotism, not just giving lip-service.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Same should apply to Biden's nomination. He won the nomination "fair and square", Just like he did the election in 2020:rolleyes:

Denise Evans likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I hate mirrors. They make me look fat.

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.