A Case Study Of A New Entrepreneur

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Matt Head, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Matt Head

Matt Head Member
    Registered

He has been doing a job in a company for 5 years. Sometimes he is thinking about starting his own business, but he is back to square one. He has no strategy and no tactics on how to run a business and how to succeed in business. He is taking opinions or suggestions from everyone; they are giving ideas, but once he's a friend giving the idea about a business coach or mentor, you take benefits for them because they are experts in this field because they are doing their job professionally; they know where the market is going and what the direction of it is.

His friend knew one of the business mentors; they are the best in this field. They totally convinced me about new business start-ups and more of the action plan described to me as well as the strategic and objective steps to follow. End of the I’m running a good business and getting good revenue from my business.

I hope that as you hear my tale, you will gain the knowledge you need to launch a new business. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2023
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't speak for others, but I am happily retired and have zero interest in business coaching. That appears to be an Australian company; are you in Australia? Do you have ties to the coaching company in the website link?

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Preparing for a move, we have been contacting various “professionals” for a variety of jobs. It really angers me that people supposedly want business but when you contact them, they do not even offer the courtesy of a reply. How hard is it, if you don’t want the work, just to say too busy, we don’t do that type work, I injured my back, something, ANYTHING, so that a potential customer is not just left hanging.

It is rude, it is inconsiderate and, despite proclamations to the contrary, it is UNprofessional.

rant off

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So how much is it going to cost us to hear your tale, Mr. Head? I had some old acquaintances I hadn't seen or heard from for years, that stopped by not long ago to tell me of the new business they were in. For their paltry $2000 investment they now had the potential to make $20K a month and wanted me to get in on it. At least go as guest with them to the next seminar and I could get a free meal.

I told them that when I can deposit "potential" in my bank account, then I will consider it. :rolleyes:

Mary Stetler likes this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Okay people this has happened before on here--IGNORE is your best bet.

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

It must be a sign of the bad times. A friend's daughter had her mom contact me with a great supplement product. Mom tried not to call but eventually she did with daughter coaxing in the background. I told her I would try one (over priced ) bottle but it is basically MLM. Daughter wanted me to contact a couple friends of mine that she thought would be interested.
    I declined.
    I always hated tuppeware parties too.

7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Fastest way to lose friends and alienate family? Get involved in a MLM.

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had a good friend who got into AMWAY. It's like a cult.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. John Brunner

I spent the first couple of decades in my career in corporate purchasing management. At one point I told vendor reps that I was not gonna open-field tackle them for the pleasure of shoving dollars in their pockets...they gotta do something to earn it. And that was in the "professional" business-to-business world.

As I was saying to someone just the other day...some people take pride in having no pride.

Mary Stetler and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  10. John Brunner

But the best part of having a mentor is so you can giggle when the call you a "mentee."
    I used to pass these out in those meetings:

mentos.jpg
    I'm not sure that helped my career.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Amen tthat Sh&%.. So is Mary Kay, Saladmaster, and a host of others.

John Brunner likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I remember my folks getting suckered into Salad Master years ago. So called friends invite you over for meal, then in the end you find out why you were invited. The pans were great, but the gimmick of how they go about is also criminal.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

I've been invited to a "party," only to be sat down without so much as a glass of water and listen to an AMWAY pitch. Of course, I'd say out loud what everyone else was thinking: "The opportunity must suck if you have to be so deceitful about it." I only fell for it once because I learned to pick up on it, but several attempts were made by others (this was late 70 through the 80s.) At some point it diminished.

Regarding the original post: I'm retired. The only coach I need is a Couch Coach, and even then all I require is an exit strategy. ;)

14. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I liked reading books like, Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kyasoki'spl'.