A Different Take On The Climate Issue

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Don Alaska, Nov 13, 2018.

1. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No more climate doom & gloom or any of that optimism, y'all! That's what a "climate psychologist" (i.e., propagandist?) said.

Communicating about climate change effectively is critical to get people to engage with it productively, according to climate psychologist Renée Lertzman. And right now, communications about climate change are not helping. People are scared. Almost three in four people (72%) worldwide are worried that global climate change will harm them personally at some point in their lifetime, according to survey data from the nonpartisan Pew Research Center.

Almost half of young people (45%) say their feelings about climate change negatively impact their daily lives, while 77% say the future is frightening with regard to climate change, according to a survey of 10,000 young people across 10 countries released this month by academics

Source: MSN.​

Climate psychologist? What next, climate angst counselors and weltschmerz sanitariums? Funded by taxpayers, of course,.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think our service economy has us backed into a corner. These days, people survive solely because others buy their B.S. In return, people must buy their B.S. So now, buying B.S. is a mindless habit. When someone who's papered pukes stuff out, it is lapped right up with no evaluation whatsoever. It is frightening. People are so educated they are stupid. They need "Life Coaches." I've worked for consulting firms. I've lived it.

Regarding Dr. Lertzman, I bet she's married to a Leer Jet salesman.

John West and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Ralf Mannheim

Ralf Mannheim Well-Known Member
    Registered

It started in the 1960s, when scientists noted natural cycles, and argued that an ice age would take place. Meanwhile, pollution was rising, prompting Nixon to create the EPA. Later, it was noted that the same ice core data revealed that CO2 ppm was rising, prompting an opposing view: that more warming is expected.

Much earlier, some historians noted connections between politicians and those who really held the reins of power: the rich. The connections were referred to as "the Establishment," and generally "the swamp." This culminated in the 1980s with Reagan, who pushed both neoconservatism and neoliberalism, and implicitly in the name of Wall Street.

Eventually, documentaries appeared showing the connections, e.g., "Everything is a Rich Man's Trick," as described in another thread of this forum.

5. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Now the democrats want to monitor what you’re eating at home so it doesn’t contribute too much to greenhouse gas emissions. Democrats/liberals want to control every aspect of your life. Living free is anathema to them.

“The Mayor’s Office of Climate & Environmental Justice wants the people to eat more plant-based meals and will incorporate food consumption into greenhouse gas emission metrics. The private sector is also expected to reduce its food emissions by 25% by 2030. Hospitals and schools in NYC have rolled out approved menus that are largely plant-based. The plan is to track EVERY individual household’s food consumption and carbon footprint.”

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/...e-in-new-york-to-track-residents-consumption/

6. Thomas Windom

Registered

Yep, probably best suited for the political section because that’s what this climate stuff is, forget the science.

7. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

They're up to making up news again only this time it's weather. For some strange reason they think 115 in Las Vegas is a news maker. The average state high temperature in summer months for Nevada is hovering around 115 usually so what's the big deal today. I've seen 123 living there and it's dry heat so using water coolers it is nice and comfortable indoors and you don't even need to close your doors, the water coolers draw hot air in thru the cooler and the air is cooled thru constantly filtered water falling thru aspen chip filters. The elite are super sensitive to everything starting with the truth.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

They are trying to push the Global Warming Agenda. I wasn't sure it was a big lie until I saw black rocks piled under the instrument shelter at the weather station at Fort Ross, California. That HAD to have been done to deliberately elevate the temperature readings, as it is in violation of every instrument siting protocol in weather. I have also seen them sited in asphalt parking lots. I can't remember all the specs, but I believe they are supposed to be sited over green grass at least 30 feet from the nearest structure or paved area.

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  9. Thomas Windom

Registered

Yep. These stupid stations have been retasked for purposes never intended. Plus, sing it altogether now, “correlation does not mean causation”.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

Well news today mentioned something about slo joe pushing for a new change in all A/C refrigerants again using something that will triple the cost of an already overpriced air conditioner. This is how people like him get richer, buying stock in crap that is only intended to stuff pockets. I wonder how much it is going to take until the American public and consumers get enough of this illegal activity by these democrats. There is always a catch to their stupid ploys and it always involves huge sums of money that we the public do not have nor will we ever have. The guy has never worked a day in his sorry life and lived off the tax payer and his foreign handlers.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Every time a patent runs out, they have to change the refrigerant.

12. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

About 30 years ago one of the major auto compressor suppliers had designed an a/c unit that was charged by water. It worked but I don't think they were ever able to get the sound levels reduced enough to make it viable. No particulars were released at that time so I have no idea what the design looked like. In summer time most of the nation has enough hot weather to make any kind of chilled water on a vehicle a non starter. I have seen and even owned one vehicle while in Nevada that had a roof water cooler mounted. It was a Ford Van and a small unit but when it was working properly it probably cooled a little. Where I lived the water was very nasty and new pads for coolers were required each year due to the formations on the pads it reduced water and air flow. Nice smell when you smell that fresh new aspen strip but it don't last long. In a pinch water coolers would make a place cooler but not very good in high humid places unless you wore a rain coat indoors :D

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Now the "scientists" at UC Irvine are claiming the deepening snowpack in the arctic is causing global warming. How ridiculous can you get? Now the snow is causing the planet to warm supposedly by insulating the permafrost from the cold temperatures above. I thought it was warming. I posted a picture earlier of the polar ice cap and how it has grown in recent years despite the claims it is shrinking. Australia is predicted to have some of the coldest winter temperatures ever seen there in the next few days, so I guess the southern hemisphere is also cooling!!!!
    https://news.uci.edu/2023/08/16/uc-...tic-snowpack-drives-greenhouse-gas-emissions/