A New Book On Cannabis

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Don Alaska, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

CF You have my sympathy. I agree, anything to ease the misery of pain. My thoughts are with you

2. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Anything to ease the pain, but doctors are being hamstrung and threatened due to government interference in patient care. It's become ridiculous. Oh, I know about the opioid epidemic but it's harming those who really require these measures.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I quit smoking 42 years ago, so If I wanted to get high on Cannabis, how would I take it without smoking it?

This is just a hypothetical question; I would never smoke anything!

The only way I could get high now is though alcohol, and I rarely drink enough to even get a buzz anymore.

(I had only 2 beers during the Super Bowl)

Hal

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are many confections and baked goods containing cannabis, @Hal Pollner. That is one of the big drawbacks of legalization. Most, if not all, of the THC overdoses here are due to children getting access to their parents cannabinoid candy. Mom and dad may have a week's or a month's worth of "candy" stashed, but if a child finds it, he or she may consume the entire stash. If you eat candy or eat brownies, that would be a way to try it.

5. Hal Pollner

Registered

Hmmm...I didn't know that!

Hal

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, brownies will definitely "hit the spot", if that's what you want.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You could always snort the smoke up your nose if you don't want to smoke it with your mouth Hal. :)

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

True. Just light a joint and smile the smoke as it rises from the joint.

9. Hal Pollner

Registered

Nope...no deliberate inhallng of any kind of smoke for me!

I quit doing that in 1977.

Hal

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Then, you are left with eating the brownies or some other food with it in it.

11. Hal Pollner

Registered

Let's see...I don't know...maybe...are the Brownies expensive?

Hal

12. Mikhail Bulgakov

Mikhail Bulgakov Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

First thing would be, is it legal in your state? If it is then you could buy a "vaporizer" of one type or another. Vaporizers have been around for thirty years, but the kids use them today for "vaping". There is no combustion, no smoke. The buzz from eating is not the same, more of a body effect, and not much different than taking a mild tranquilizer. Also, there is no such thing as "overdosing" on THC.

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I agree with it all except the myth that there is no such thing as overdosing on THC. You can overdose on anything, even water. The idea that it is impossible to overdose on THC is a myth promulgated by the marijuana community. As I said above, it is rare in adults, but occurs most often in children who get into an adults "stash" of edibles. It has been around for a while, but is becoming more common in the areas where it is legal. Symptoms for adults overdosing is a lethargy an inability to perform even basic functions, but in children it manifests as a coma-like state. A tolerance to THC is developed fairly quickly in adults, and marijuana "intoxication" is easier to disguise in adults than, say, alcohol intoxication. As research develops, more of both the good and the bad effects of the cannabinoids will be uncovered. One must be aware of the source of the research, however, as most that has occurred to date has been underwritten by those who, positively or negatively, have some point to prove. There is very little impartial research done, and much of what has been done is done in China.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

In talking to people in Colorado, from a relocation forum, where recreational pot is completely legal, I was told "if you aren't looking for pot, you'd never know it was sold or used here."

When we were in Loveland and Fort Collins last year, we didn't see any pot stores or smell it at all.

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

https://www.projectknow.com/marijuana-overdose/

I was just about to post a similar addition as yours but thanks to your good post I shortened mine to a link and a small blurb. Thanks Don! :)

Don’t know where the myth came from that a person cannot overdose on THC came from but frankly, a person can overdose on nearly anything.
    I just picked up one of a whole bunch of links that indicate the hazards of overdosing on THC.