Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Betty Jones

Betty Jones Veteran Member
    Registered

i have an angel tatto on my leg---it was a dare so i did it-i was 65 years old when i had it put on

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

65 is a good age to try different things. Let's see your tatto. Here's 65 year old birthday Bungy Jump
    MY BUNGY JUMP.JPG

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry, thought this thread about things - you dislike.

4. Marci Miller

Marci Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

so did i. is it not?

5. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Acceptingcthings you can do nothing about without grave consequences form the powers that be.
    Me daughter and I have been tormented for 3 years by a county in her state.It involves a grandaughter they have been persecuting with cruel and unusual punishment and I just got off phone today and as tor up as I have been for much of these 3 years. I was shaking from frustation but now doing better about to drink a beer to calm down.
    As I told one of them this morning rhey may be persecuting mine today but don't think for a dam minute they won't come aftter you and yours later If these devils can do this to us they can do it to you,Who will be left to speak out against this evil civil system we have in so many places now.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery

I understand basically your reference, but would greatly like to know more detail, for I, too, have been harassed in the past.

Frank

7. Marie Mallery

Registered

It is hard to go into it too much its a lonjg horror story but just basically I have to vent and understand its not fair to those I vent to.
    I have to calm down plus yall know how hard it is on me to type and and fix erros .By the time fix errors I forget where the heck I m in the sunject .
    Plus I don't know it is personal yet I want to vent. I'm nuts now but hope to recover soon.
    I just popped top on second beer and first time ever I don't feel it. I figure it would calm me down. I don't take meds nor do I drink maybe once every few month a beer.Most beers go on compost pile out of date.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Marie Mallery - maybe once you get composed you can elaborate a bit more on the subject. think your talking about a child and maybe government agency harassments ? Regardless feel free to rant .

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Beer was ok but threw some of second one away. I forgor romator juice so it ws pure beer. Anyway it was ok I gues.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

I just reread my comment above and I bet yall think I'm drunk,but also realize I make lots of typos.

I just thought it was funny. I really do try to go real slow but words will go blank st times plus not use to vision loss yet.I can see half as good as before.
    Yall are a patiant bunch. Thanks.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

drunk -No - very distraught over a situation - yes

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Marie Mallery - have you magnified your screen on computer or phone? Or have you tried voice typing? That might help if you have such difficulty seeing.

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As Gloria said, hold down the CTRL key and tap the + key. Your browser screen will zoom in with each tap.
    CTRL and the - key zooms out.
    CTRL plus the number 0 key will reset the display to normal, or 100%.

The most recent Zoom level will be remembered for that specific website, even if you restart your computer. All websites will view at 100% until you change their individual Zoom.

You could also turn on your browser's spell check so it flags typos (red underlines) right away. I live by mine.

Or don't worry about it. We understand what you type.

I'll chuck out a situation I cannot get specific on that happened some time ago. "A friend's son" (Jack) was at school and overheard another kid talk about bringing a gun into high school. Jack did the right thing and went to the principal, who blew him off. A week or so later the kid followed through on the threat, and was caught before anything bad happened. Jack got thrown under the bus as a "co-conspirator." The principal lied and claimed that Jack never said anything to him...Jack (a minor at the time) got arrested and interrogated by the police without parental notification. He was never convicted of anything. Jack's parents later had to hire a lawyer to get Jack admitted into college because of the lies that were on his record.

Dammit. Now I need a beer!

Marie Mallery likes this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

No my son or a grandkid use to do the laptop adjustments for us,but not since isolation.
    I tried all kinds of ways to darken the screen too, both on smart tv and laptop. I messed up other things trying adjust it. So I don't try to adjust it anymore.

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

Thanks John,lol. I'd buy you beer if we were closer and no Covid.:cool:
    I have a zoom but when I use that the half the page gose away. I have it on 125 .Things are real blurry and at times blank spots.I thought I'd get use to it since it happend Sept @019 from a stroke brought on bt the interns at clinic telling me to go home and take BP meds to lower BP. It was 243 -127 they sent me home instead of admitting me and bringing it down slowly in hospital.:mad:I know I should hav watched BP before it got that high but that shouldn't be a death sentence or make me blind. New doctor doctor said it is a wonder it didn't kill me and he couldn't beleive they sent me home.

Anyway things happen.
    Some dr.s are idiots,but most are ok and care. I just seem to gind the idiots.

John Brunner likes this.