Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have the forum's page on 150%, but I'm using a cheap flat screen tv I bought a while ago at Walmart as a monitor...21" x 12". I keep it set up on a TV tray in front of the couch. I am such a slug...

Regarding doctors...I've been through a couple of years of pushing back on things I disagree with. I kept reminding one that he is my medical advisor, and I am the patient. My GP's good point is that he'll refer me out in a heartbeat, so I can direct who I get to see. The downside is he seems to refer more than he diagnoses. I'm sorry to hear of your tribulations. Doctors are not supposed to kill you.

Frank Sanoica and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I just got a few bad ones at the university.Students now are very political and even fight with other protesters outside their universitiy.Its the times we are in but thank goodness we still have good ones.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery

I shan't portend to speak for anyone but myself. I am not patient, just a bit curious and nosy is all. But I hate prying, so........your "call".

Frank

Marie Mallery likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Not nosy but curious .:pSo am I .

5. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sorry to read about your vision problems @Marie Mallery I know what you must be going through. It’s not easy at any time in your life. Do any of you use voice recognition software? I use Siri a lot on my Apple products.

6. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I got a couple of tats by my brother when I was 16 back in the 60s, my daughter has gone crazy with getting tats all over her arms and hands.
    Don't understand since they will be with us till we die or get them lasered off, hers are really large and would probably leave scars if she tried to get them lasered off, mine not so much since they are small.
    I think it is a culture thing, seems like when more people do it especially celebs and sports figures, then for some reason their groupies want to do it too.
    It is like the fads of yesteryear, they come and go, tats are different because once you ink your body it is there to stay, hopefully the tatooer don't screw up.

John Brunner and Frank Sanoica like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

During the time I was in the Navy (Vietnam Era), I didn't get any. To some, that is shocking. Just before I met my wife in 2000, I was going to get an eagle on each forearm (top of forearm). Don't know why, but decided not to. Well, to this day, I thank God that I didn't, because my wife totally dislikes them. She told me, "I wouldn't have anything to do with you if you had any tattoos or body piercings. However, I did state in my Personal Ad, that I had placed in a magazine, that I didn't have either.

I really don't know where this whole "tattoo" thing really got big or if it will ever settle down. I do know though, the farmers/ranchers and rodeo folks we know, don't have them, or, if they do, not nearly as many, or as big, as the young folks of today have. And, definitely not facial or neck ones. A lot of full arm/leg/neck/back and even head tattoos remind me of gang members or those in prison. I've watched a few documentaries on gangs and prisons and........why would anyone intentionally want to look like that. Possibly to "fit in"?

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I read about one young lady, in Orange County, CA, that was offered a very nice salaried Outside Sales job along with a great Starting Bonus. But, the company did tell her that she would to wear something, even during the summer, that would hide her arm tattoos. Her parents wound up paying a Tattoo Removal doctor to have most removed. It cost her parents a hefty fee, but it was done.

Years ago, I had a rodeo buddy who had his ex-wife's name tattooed on his shoulder. His new wife hated seeing her name all of the time and asked him to have the tattoo redone and he did. The "ex's" name was no longer visible.

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I figure if the Lord wanted me to look like a walking comic book, i would of been born that way. And yes, I have told one daughter that. Something indiscreet located is not that bad, but like many things, people do not know how to do anything in moderation.
    My ex husband had a few and had one name of ole girlfriend. I was too young and dumb for that to bother me. But when our child was burning up with a fever and he was out spending out last ten dollars on another tatoo- I almost ripped that damn snake off his arm .:rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't like growing old, and being the doddering geezer that I used to make fun of, but yet, here we are. Tattoos and all.

Mary Robi and Frank Sanoica like this.
  11. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Could be part of it. When all kids see is sinful behavior, what is to be expected from them ?

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  12. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well it may surprise you but I have to admit that I am inked. I have a large tattoo of a phoenix covering most of my back from between my shoulders down to my butt that I had done only four years ago. It has a special significance for me. The phoenix is a bird that is reborn from its own ashes.

I was reborn twice, the first time was when I recovered from the illness that took my arms, legs and most of my sight when I was twenty two and the second time was four years ago when I passed the five year mark after radical surgery for cancer. I had the tattoo done to celebrate these rebirths.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We've seen some older folks with tattoos, especially Harley riders. Some would say there is a significant reason for one-to-all of their tattoos, but like other things in life, not everyone will like them anyway. Like anything someone may like in life, they have to take the good and bad comments. I've got that numerous times for being involved in professional rodeo and still get it for wife and I being major fans of it still.

14. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It might be sad but no surprise.
    Sad also that officials suppressed the known and proven remedies for sepsis before 1915 and ever since then.

"thesilveredge.com › study-colloidal-silver-in-sepsis
    Colloidal Silver in Sepsis. The 1915 study published in the Transactions of the American Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Vol. XXVIII, demonstrating electrically generated colloidal silver to be effective against blood-borne infections (i.e., sepsis)."

15. Samual Yoder

Samual Yoder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I made the stupid mistake of tattooing my first wife's name on my shoulder, my 2nd wife did not like it so I had to get the name blackened out by another tattoo otherwise she would have cut it off.

Marie Mallery and Hoot Crawford like this.