Aches & Pains

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 10, 2023.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don’t know if this is in the category of aches and pains but I had cataract surgery on my left eye yesterday and will have another one for my right eye in a few days.
    It’s a little bothersome today but clearing up nicely although I have to wear a doggone uncomfortable shield over it when I go to bed and I sleep most of the time on my left side. It’s kinda like trying to sleep on one’s side with glasses on: it can be done but not without leaving a mark or two.

I guess it’s more age related than I previously thought because there were around 10 or more other patients there for the same surgery (and same eye) and none of them were under about 70 years old.
    With that said, I really can’t moan or groan about some small discomfort knowing that there are 10 or more folks out there with exactly the same problem and with the same eye.

2. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Get better fast Bobby, one down one to go you said right? Marie will soon have to do the same looks like.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Is that cataract surgery? They say I have cataract's, but I told them "You can't get instant cataracts" from having a stroke. I just deal with my blurred no peripheral vision. I now have zoom vision thanks to the clowns' at the university.
    They brought down my BP too, sent me to drug store for script I took it 30 minutes later had stroke while weeding garden.

Jake Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yup, one more to go.
    Because I have already had one done, at least I know now what is going to happen when I go for the next.

It may sound weird but after all I have faced and done in my life, I have never felt as reluctant to do something as giving someone permission to whittle on my eyes.
    It was nice to find out that other than the wait in between prep and surgery, that derned IV going into the back of my hand was the only real objectionable thing that happened.
    In truth, it really is a breeze!

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Congrats on the one, most of my friends, older family members have had it done to both eyes and they said it was not nearly as bad as they thought it would be. I wish that was the answer to my eye problems.
    Hope you heal quickly.

Don Alaska, Jake Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yes Mam, cataracts.
    It’s only been a day after surgery and by closing my right eye and seeing through the repaired eye, everything is so much clearer and the colors are no longer faded but bright and vivid.

I was so very reluctant to have the job done but now, if they’d let me, I’d have the other eye done tomorrow instead of having to wait a week.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you heal quickly and feel OK, Bobby. I've had small cataracts for a few years but still not bad enough for surgery. I keep wanting to have it done to get the lens implants so maybe I won't have to wear glasses anymore, but the stupid things won't grow.

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Everyone says that they could see so much better. One of our contractors came back with huge smile on his face, yelling "I can see, its beautiful".

Don Alaska and Jake Smith like this.
  9. Jake Smith

Registered

That's good to hear and I'm sure it will make Marie feel better when she has it done. I remember my mother had it done, before she passed, and she said she could see so much better and had 20 -20 vision afterward. For me, it may differ, anymore when seeing a dentist or Drs my bp shoots up and stays up until I get away from them. Who knows why, just the way it is for me anymore. I need to get a grip on that one, somehow. :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Beth, I heard they had to be at a certain point. Don't know what to say on this one, don't want ti to get worse but do hope you see better soon.

Bobby Cole and Jake Smith like this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Thanks Beth.
    I guess ya have to have the right money hungry doctor.
    Up until this last checkup, other eye doctors told me not to worry about it because they weren’t big enough to cause any problems.
    This time I went to a different doctor and they barely had me in the seat and testing me for glasses when the guy told me nope, can’t do it because those cataracts have to come out.

Beth Gallagher and Jake Smith like this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

I'd have to think I had them before I got them 'done'.:confused: :D

Bobby Cole and Jake Smith like this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

White Coat Syndrome is hard to beat. Every time I go for a doctor’s appointment, they have to check my BP more than once and sometimes 3 times to get a decent reading.
    Heck, even when I check it myself I have to check it twice. Just the stress of the possibility that it might be high is enough to raise one’s BP.

Jake Smith and Marie Mallery like this.
  14. Jake Smith

Registered

Anymore they would need to strap me down to do it. This new phobia I seem to have with any Drs, bp goes up just riding by a Dr office. :rolleyes:

Marie Mallery likes this.
  15. Jake Smith

Registered

That's what I got, White Coat Syndrome. Thanks, Bobby, now I know what I have. :D You sound a lot like me, and I always try saying to myself everything is ok and they take another reading and say it's even higher. :eek: You know what, I had forgot that's what my dentist told me I have, and said I can't work on you today because I could give you a stroke and I would never for give myself for that and I thought me either. She sent me to the emergency room and they shot me with bp meds trying to get it down. :( Hope there's a fix for it, or I'm in trouble as I get older.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
    Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.