Aging And Dental Problems

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

bad teeth can cause misery...
    i grew up on well water. ..filled with iron ..
    too much softens teeth...no fluoride back in those days ..
    my teeth were bad by age 10....
    all out now...like a new set of tires..
    no pain

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Hubby had cataract surgery which scares me. I was surprised at the process. We went to the clinic very early in the morning, checked in along with about 10 other people for that appointment. As they called each patient, they were put on a gurney, wheeled in like at a car wash, put into stalls,15 minutes later hubby was wheeled out! He said it was 'no sweat'. They do one eye at a time (just in case?) Second appointment was the same. I researched the surgeons first.
    Worst thing about it was that afterwards he could see all the dust and clutter.:oops:
    I have been supplementing with Vitamin C for a long time. I may need glasses soon, but no cataracts.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Stetler I have had them for long time, but the drug I had to take until earlier this year caused them to get worse, Thanks for the heads up !

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had a lingering tooth issue taken care of a couple of years ago. I did not want to wait until I got older and it got worse. I had them put me under to extract it...I do not need to experience such things.

I just went for my 6 month checkup today. I have a crown that's gotta be briefly taken out due to a cavity under it, and another tooth that needs to be replace with a crown (but no root canal.) My teeth had always been grossly imperfect.

Hedi Mitchell and Teresa Levitt like this.