Amazon Makes It So Easy

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Shirley Martin, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I wanted to order another bottle of apricot oil today. Their website is on the bottle. I went to the site, clicked on the size bottle I wanted. Put it in my basket. Filled in all the shipping info. Clicked on "Place order." A dialog box comes up and says that they can't verify my address. That happens sometimes because I have a rural address. But it always gives me the option to ship anyway. I always get the order. This site only gave me the option to change the address. I clicked on that several times. After a while, I got irritated and closed out the whole thing.

Then I went to Bing and looked for apricot oil. Amazon is one of the sites that has it. I clicked on the size bottle I want, put it in my basket, clicked on check out, put my password and presto bingo, my order is taken care of. It was cheaper than the company site and included free shipping. It was quick, convenient, cost less and had free shipping. Say what you will about Amazon, you can't beat that.

2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I really really like and appreciate Amazon!!!

images - 2019-12-30T190421.121.jpeg

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I am a huge fan of Amazon. Their customer service is second to none. I love that in the rare occasion that I need to return something, as soon as UPS scans the package I get a refund notification.

4. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I think this is true as well. They beat the competition not just because of the fast service, other places offer much the same, but they won in customer service. They are absolutely stellar.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I get annoyed when they tell me that they can't ship to a PO Box. I can't get any deliveries at the house unless by UPS or Fedex. So when they try to ship to my physical address it get returned to them as addressee unknown.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is the decision of the carrier, it sounds like; since UPS and Fedex can deliver to your house. The post office used to take packages for people who had only a post office box, and then you just have a little card in the box , telling you to go to the counter and pick up your package.
    If you are close to an Amazon pickup center, you can always have it shipped there. There will be a list of the closest ones when you are placing an order with Amazon, and you can choose that instead of your home address.
    The problem I can see with that, is that you don’t know ahead of time which carrier Amazon will use to ship something.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Except for third-party orders, I don't recall ever getting an Amazon order delivered by the Postal Service. Nearly all of it comes via UPS, with an occasional package coming via FedEx. Maybe it depends on where you live.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I have gotten Amazon things from an Amazon Prime van, where the driver delivered right to our door. The van was sitting right in front of our apartment building when we came home from someplace.

And, now I have a Amazon credit card. It can only be used for Amazon online purchases. I haven't done a lot of ordering from Amazon, but have done enough.

Lois Winters likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I believe it is entirely dependent on your location; we get a lot of Amazon deliveries via the USPS. Also UPS, Fedex and now the Amazon delivery vans, that take a picture of the package on your porch and email it to you. :D I have heard that Amazon will no longer use Fedex for whatever reason and I have wondered how the Amazon delivery service is going to impact the other carriers.

Holly Saunders and Lois Winters like this.
  10. Al Amoling

Registered

It seems that everything that Amazon ships to my area always has the post office for the final leg. When I ordered my vacuum the website said I couldn't send it to a po box so gave my physical address and when it arrived at the post office for that address they found the change of address form and shipped it to Mass to come back to my po box 10 days later. The Amazon pick up center is at least a half hour drive from my house.

Lois Winters likes this.
  11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I hate that post office hand-off thing; a lot of merchants use that for cheaper shipping now. (Macy's started that before Christmas.) Maybe you need to call the post office and instruct them that packages need to be delivered to your physical address. Why is there a change of address form? These issues sound like they are post office related and not Amazon's fault.

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I ordered an item from Amazon on Dec. 12. It was delivered Sunday, Dec. 14. I happened to be outside under the carport when it was delivered. It was an unmarked van of some kind. I saw the driver get out with some small object in his hand. I thought, "Oh, no! Somebody else trying to sell me something!" I told him, "I'm not interested." He said something that I didn't understand. So I told him again that I was not interested. Then he laughed and said, "I'm from the post office." He took the box out of the back of the van and scanned it with whatever he had in his hand. Then brought it to me.

I didn't know that Amazon uses the post office to deliver and I had no idea that the post office delivered on Sunday.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Al Amoling

Registered

Amazon pays the post office $2 to deliver each package on Sunday.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

WE get the very occasional Amazon delivery from the post office via the postman... but almost all come via UPS , Hermes , or similar...

Lois Winters likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Is that so ?...I didn't know that you could only use an Amazon CC for use only on Amazon..wow!! o_O
    that's like a store card then, and does it charge high interest like a store card?