Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by K E Gordon, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been working with computers since 1959 so I limit my interactions that could cause pain. I know too much about how systems are not what you want them to be.

2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

That's a long time, Al.. Computers with vacuum tubes? My first computer booted from a floppy disk and I thought that was primitive, but 1959? Military, right?

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a problem with Amazon with an order I made the order was lest that $20 and when I made it I did not see that they put it on rush shipping the bill was going to be about $80 so I tried to cancel and they told me is was rush shipped and out of their hands. I contacted them many times before getting it resolved. Most time I do not have a problem but now I check very close the pop up screens when I order. I remember my first computer it was programmed with a audio tape player and connected to a TV. It would have been a real antique now.

4. Dwight Ward

Registered

Yeah, the computer Al worked on was probably as big as a room. I've never had a problem with Amazon until now. I'm thinking I don't even need another streaming service. YouTube has plenty of free movies.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I finally remember the name of my first computer
    Timex Sinclair 1000 Personal Computer
    from the early 1980s

Dwight Ward likes this.
  6. Dwight Ward

Registered

Mine was an IBM, I think. My memory isn't as good as yours.

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

no It was an IBM650. I worked for an aerospace government contractor. You wrote a program and sat with it all night while it cranked out results(punched cards) which were put into a printer. I have 10000 computing power in my table than first computer.

8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I love Amazon & Amazon Prime----I have had several issues in the past that they have resolved quickly and financially to my credit.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I have been an Amazon customer since 1996 and they have never changed their login procedure to require a smart phone that I'm aware of. I'd suggest clearing your cookies/browsing history on your browser (or using a different browser) and try logging in again. Also, you might click the "forgot my password" box and let them email you the password change info.

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You have to 'subscribe' now - don't you ...............

11. Dwight Ward

Registered

I'll clarify. They have more than one log in procedure. The one I used to use I could access from a particular Amazon web page. It didn't require anything but a pass number sent to me by text. That web page changed or is no longer available. That left me only the option of 'approving' (whatever that means) a link sent to me by text message.

There was no way I could change my log in procedure without logging into my account. No way to log in to my account without changing my log in procedure. The morons at support seemed to understand this, then sent me an email which required (you guessed it ) me to log in to my account.

In any case it's done now.. My bank canceled the automatic deduction for Prime. I'm through with them. I watch too many movies anyway.

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I can’t find anything that says you have to have a smartphone to log into Amazon, either. Since people watch the Amazon videos, and order from Amazon without having a smart phone, you should be able to log in to your amazon account, @Dwight Ward .
    Even Hal Pollner orders from Amazon, and we all know that he hates smart phones !
    Are you actually trying to log into Amazon, or sign in to your Prime Movies ? Go to Amazon.com and you should be able to sign in with just your regular amazon email and password,

F73155E0-522C-46BA-A225-3B410B043BF4.jpeg

13. Dwight Ward

Registered

I do appreciate you trying to help, Yvonne. I think I explained it more fully in my previous-to-this post.

14. Dwight Ward

Registered

Done all that over and over. The password change email never comes even though all my email info is correct. there's no mistake I'm making. They've lost a customer, one who will recommend far and wide that no one use them.

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Glad that you have it straightened out, @Dwight Ward . I think that a lot of us have been using amazon to order necessities (during this last few months, especially), and like Beth said, we have also been Amazon Prime members for well over 10 years, and never had any problems with Amazon to speak of.
    It doesn’t make sense to me why you would have to have a smartphone to use Amazon, but it sounds like you didn’t really want to have the service anyway, so I am glad that you got it cancelled.

Beth Gallagher likes this.