Amazon Prime

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by K E Gordon, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just in case anyone missed this information…….. Amazon is having a Fall Prime Day sale today and tomorrow (October 11-12), and they have quite a few things on sale.
    The idea is to get an even earlier start for all the sales that come in the fall. They used to start on the weekend after Thanksgiving, but the last few years have moved up earlier and earlier into November and now into October.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne looks like I'm late ,always a day late or a dollar short.;)

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The information I got was that Amazon expects really bad inflation for the remainder of the year, and they are actually trying to look out for their "subscribers" to Prime. Odd that Big Tech would look out for the little guy, but I guess it benefits them too.

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is true, as far as I know, @Don Alaska . If fuel prices keep going up, and they seem to be doing that, and overseas merchandise is stuck in the ports offshore and can’t unload, prices have to keep going up for merchandise. If prices go up, people won’t buy as much, and then Amazon loses money.
    Amazon owner Jeff Bezos has long been a supporter of Joe Biden; but lately he has been very negative about what Biden is doing, and I am sure that businesses who depend on shipping are all having a hard time right now.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I got that info from two independent sources, @Yvonne Smith, and both are generally left-leaning, so I tend to believe the story. I think it bodes ill for the future of the economy when Bezos is worried. A number of retailers, both online and box store, are pulling back and laying off workers. Up to this point, all have been scrambling trying to maintain a workforce, but that seems to have ended and is now backtracking. Zuckerberg has fallen off the Forbes list of the 10 wealthiest and other may follow as the economy implodes and the stock market crashes. Depression is on the way, but the news is still worried about "recession" when we have been in a recession for several months now as they redefine what a recession is.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks like we are in for some hard times. Why what's left of me is trying to get a garden going, with hobby's help of course.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't feel like it will be so bad. What more do I need to buy? Propane? Not sure amazon has deals on that.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

And back to Amazon Prime.... seems like that last sale wasn't up to their usual standards. I wanted a Kindle but the brand new one just came out and was not reduced in price. Hopefully it will be included in the black Friday edition of Prime Day.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Seems like more often than not, my Prime orders are not being delivered in 2 days... or not even in a week. I know that the holidays are always a busy time for retail and carrier services, but I pay for Prime to get the 2-day shipping. So I contacted Amazon customer service to complain that I am not getting the service I have paid for. The agent refunded $30 of my Prime membership ($119 last year), which I thought was fair.

So if you're having sub-par delivery times as a Prime customer, let them know you aren't happy.

10. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My deliveries are on time or early. My problem has to do with watch Prime Video on smert-tv. I stopped it when I couldn’t find any movies to watch. I tried to just restart it but now i have to log in. Etc.

11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Our deliveries are always at least a week, sometimes two. I don't think I would get any refunds.

Beth Gallagher and Mary Stetler like this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't have prime. Never have. I make sure I have at least $25 in merchandise before I hit the buy button for free shipping by amazon. Of course they give you the opportunity to PAY for shipping, if you want to, before you check out.
    Everything has come surprisingly fast until this last November. But still fast enough.
    If they stop being reasonably priced with free shipping, I can always go to Walmart or somewhere. I don't really need that much.

Beth Gallagher and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

We have had Prime for a long time. It saves an incredible amount of shipping when shopping for the grandkids and children in the Lower 48. We used to spend $300+ just on shipping for Christmas. That is mostly gone now unless the wife wants to send homemade goodies to the families down south.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

We have had Prime since the beginning, and our deliveries have always been extremely fast (and free) until recently. I'm hoping after the holiday rush that things will get back to normal. I appreciate the other Prime benefits such as Prime Video, Prime Music, and Prime Reading. There are a lot more Prime benefits that I don't use, but to me Prime is a bargain. (If for no other reason than "free" shipping, as @Don Alaska indicated.)

15. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We did have prime at one time , only cause I somehow “ accidentally” signed up for it but they were good enough to cancel the subscription.

I honestly don’t know how they manage to get the very few items I’ve ordered from them ….to me in a day
    to my knowledge these is no warehouse within 1.000 Km from me….then any parcels have to get to where I live 2 hours drive from the nearest city ( Adelaide ) they have an amazing quick service and anytime I’ve purchased items I can’t fault them.

Don Alaska likes this.