Amazon Warehouse And Amazon Outlet

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Beth Gallagher, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

After being an Amazon customer for many years, I only recently discovered the Amazon Warehouse and Amazon Outlet sections of their website. Both of these offer discounted merchandise and I can waste a lot of time looking for deals. :D The difference between them is that Amazon Warehouse offers discounts on open-box, refurbished products, and customer returns. Amazon Outlet houses new overstocked and clearance items on the site across all categories.

I found that in the Amazon Warehouse section there are ratings on the item such as "like new" or "acceptable" and they are priced accordingly. Most pieces I looked at have Prime shipping and returns, too. To get to the Warehouse section, simply choose it from the drop-down menu on the Amazon search bar and type in the item or brand you are interested in. I found a "like new" LeCreuset 3.5 qt braiser for $200 and the description said "packaging damaged." The regular price on the braiser is $319 so I took a chance on it; I believe it will be here on Tuesday.

I had to google to find the Amazon Outlet; here's a link... https://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b?ie=UTF8&node=517808 I notice that most of the Daily Deals are listed in the Outlet section. I will waste a couple of hours later poking around on there.

Happy shopping! :D:D

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If you have the amazon app, you can also find this really easy. At the bottom of the app are the little icons for shopping and orders, cart, etc. at the far right are three “bars”. When you click on that, you come to the page that encompasses most of amazon, and when you choose the deals and savings, it links you to both the warehouse and the outlet.
    Here is what it looks like on my iPad.

304FD636-F943-4647-BD44-A259A4D28A00.jpeg

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Beth Gallagher , I'm afraid to go there for the same reason I don't go to yard sales. I am sometimes impulsive and I'd wind up buying things that I will never have a use for. Like a LeCreuset 3.5 qt braiser for $200. :p

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Hah. I bought the only Le Creuset 3.5 qt braiser for $200 so you'll have to find another one. :p The warehouse items are limited quantities.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I'm gonna tag onto this thread for an Amazon related question I've had for a while.

I keep getting emails from Amazon telling me that I'm "eligible" for business-only pricing. They claim it's because I added a business-issued card to my account. (Perhaps they think my Verizon-branded card is issued by a corporate purchasing program.) But I swear I've seen this invitation before. The benefits are: business-only pricing, analytics on purchases, and multi-user accounts.

Has anyone else here received such an invite? Have any of you signed up for it? Based on what I buy and how much I spend, it makes no sense for them to send this to me.

6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

No, and be very careful with any credit-card related emails. Contact Amazon directly.

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Yeh, I agree.

-This is a legit thing you can get to through a link on Amazon.com
    -The urls match (email url and Amazon website link.)
    -When I'm logged in and then hover over my Amazon User Name, "Register for a Business Account" is an available selection.

I don't have that Verizon card saved as a payment method on my account, nor have I ever bought anything online with it (my other card has better "Just Charged Online" notifications than the Verizon cc does), and I've never charged a single Amazon purchase with it. I'm thinking I may have started to add that Verizon card as a payment method when I first got it and then changed my mind about having more than the one card exposed to the internet. I might have even added it and then later deleted it.

Since a more-frequent customer like you has not received a similar invitation, that's the only trigger I can think of.

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

When I see the drop-down for my Amazon account, I also have a "register for a business account" option but it's just one of 18 choices. I've never clicked on it because I have no reason to. :D

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I LOVE Amazon Warehouse ! Often I can find just what I want and save on the price to buy it. Today, I got a $15 gift card from one of the survey places, and I have been wanting some good soup cups for this winter, with Soup Time coming up and colder weather.
    I found this set on Amazon discounts in the warehouse and ordered them for Bobby and I .

IMG_5478.jpeg

John Brunner likes this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Just what I need, I’ve been looking for a couple of oddball things. :D

Btw, local news reported yesterday that Amazon is hiring thousands more people for the holidays. I wish them luck in finding people who actually want to work.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't look. I just joined temu annonymous.:confused: