Ambitions Unfulfilled

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Frank Sanoica, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

i would like to have a small area just to rebuild a model train layout ....
    we had one back in NC..no space here

John Brunner and Faye Fox like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Had a little interest in boating, due to my Uncle having a ski boat. But, in the Navy, got very interested in boats/ships and learned a lot. After wife and I married, and moved to Colorado, we bought a Bowrider. The Bowrider is gone, but still have a Cuddy Cabin 5.7L engine.

Learned to play drums (rock) in the Navy. Was part of a ship's rock band, and to this day, love watching a great drummer (like Phil Collins). Never learned to play keyboard, but love a keyboard in a country-western or rock band.

Around 1988, got a true interest in photography and having put down the digital camera, and now iPhone, yet.

There, Faye, I deleted those "accomplished" rodeo and computer days of mine, but the drums, boating and photography I left. Satisfied now? LOL

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Just a reminder that this thread is about Ambitions Unfulfilled more than past accomplishments. What past and current ambitions have you yet to fulfill and are those ambitions viable for you?

Ken Anderson and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Now, Faye! There have been posts, so far, that have stated BOTH ambitions unfulfilled and fulfilled. Actually, the OP talked about his achievements with model trains, so that is a "past accomplishment". The ambition I never fulfilled was learning to play a rock keyboard.

I know what the thread post title is, but there will be those that will state both unfulfilled and accomplished. You just seem not to want to hear about my past rodeo "action" days.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2022
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

So is learning to play rock on a keyboard an endeavor that is viable taking into consideration your medical maladies and current situation? Do you still have an interest to learn the keyboard?

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Oh Heavens no! But, years ago, I sure would've liked to have learned, but didn't have the money for the keyboard/speakers and lessons. So, will just have to settle with listening, and watching dvd concerts, of Styx, Boston, Deep Purple and Iron Butterfly. Although, Freddy Mercury (Queen) sure played piano great.

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I still have the train set I got when I was 5 years old. For some period of time, I set it (and the entire village) up in the living room of my tiny 600 ft² home every Christmas.

Did you have HO gauge or N gauge? Mine was the old N gauge.

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You can get a used keyboard for next to nothing on Craigslist, take free lessons on YouTube, and play it through headphones so you don't bother the neighbors.

Faye Fox and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Unfulfilled Ambitions, wake up and turn on cable news to find Jane Fonda choked on a fish bone overnight. The outcome I'll just leave to everyone's own imagination.

10. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

it was the N gauge...we packed it all up and gave to grandson...it's still packed in the same trunk...if we get a small building...place close to house for power hook up...

John Brunner likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Jane Fonda was/is an excellent actress, but what she did in North Vietnam was WAY "off the wall" and totally uncalled for!
    However, love her acting in Monster-In-Law!