An Epidemic Of Stupid

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Dwight Ward, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That may be because most if not all hospitals require it to practice, not because they choose to get vaccinated. They have the choice of getting the jab or losing the job they have spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollar to obtain. Undoubtedly, many choose to get vaccinated, but I suspect that a lot would not get the vaccine if it were left to choice, so that is not a demonstration of intelligence. Also, some of the docs may be lying to the AMA. I know for a fact that there are many who are generating "vaccine certificates" to prove they are vaccinated while not having to get the shot. They tell me they "identify as a vaccinated person...."

2. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I read a study--sorry I don't have the link for those who require it and wouldn't believe it anyway--that stated that people who identify as conservative tend to be better informed than those who identify with the left, as many more "conservatives" watch leftist news programs and read leftist newspapers than the leftists read and view conservative sources. Your experience demonstrates that very fact.

3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

That's my understanding, also. One mundane reason is that left-wing sources are more numerous and more available. But beyond that, maybe conservatives are a tad more curious about the 'other' side than the other side is curious about us. About a fourth of the links I regularly visit are left-wing. I want to know what they're thinking, plus ... they're not always wrong about everything.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Curiosity is a good point, @Dwight Ward . To most leftists, we are just a bunch of ignorant nuts who can't think on their level.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Praise the LORD for that great blessing ! Who would want to only be able to be programmed and not able to have discernment ?

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Latest from CDC is that 185,135,757 Americans have had at least one jab. 48,618,443 (88.9%) of Americans 65 and older have had at least one jab.

What I don't have any data for is how many anti-vaxxers have gone so far down the conspiracy rabbit hole that they have developed an immunity to facts, logic, data, truth, and reason. I'll keep looking.

8. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Don Alaska said:
    That may be because most if not all hospitals require it to practice, not because they choose to get vaccinated. They have the choice of getting the jab or losing the job they have spent years and hundreds of thousands of dollar to obtain. Undoubtedly, many choose to get vaccinated, but I suspect that a lot would not get the vaccine if it were left to choice, so that is not a demonstration of intelligence. Also, some of the docs may be lying to the AMA. I know for a fact that there are many who are generating "vaccine certificates" to prove they are vaccinated while not having to get the shot. They tell me they "identify as a vaccinated person...."

Sorry, but "I suspect"/"may be lying"/"they tell me" does not quite rise to the level of being factual. Those are just your suspicions.

And if you know "for a fact", give us a fact. How many is "many", for example. 1? 10? 100?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    Janice Lynne likes this.
  9. Jack Roberts

Jack Roberts Well-Known Member
    Registered

I don’t know about any epidemic of stupidity that’s infected anyone but there sure does seem to be quite a lot of hostility between people over almost everything these days. I don’t know if it’s Covid related or maybe it stems from the fluoridation of most of the water we have running from our faucets, chemtrails in the skies, traffic congestion or something else. I do know that I’ve heard the phrase “divide and conquer” before and I also can’t remember a time when Americans, the united we stand, divided we fall, ones, have seemed more divided than they do now. I don’t have any answers but I don’t think that our bickering furthers any worthy causes either. There may not be an actual statistic for it but from my vantage point, it seems as if 99.9% of America has some sort of axe to grind. Maybe we’ve all been mislead. It is, after all, easier to mislead someone than it is to convince them, after the fact, that they were mislead in the first place. Maybe hostility is an acquired taste? If so, I hope it’s one more unnecessary thing that I can avoid consuming more of.

10. Martin Alonzo

Registered

It could be a lot worst than you think. It makes me wonder what is going on in peoples heads when they line up for a vaccine and watch people get carried out on stretchers and stay in line or see people dropping down after a shot and still want the same. Shear insanity
    A video showing it might be a lot worst than even said.
    https://rumble.com/vjxcrg-could-be-worst-than-you-thought.html

John Nopales likes this.
  11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Just a coincident.The bodies were not even cold when the vaccine was brought in
    Presidents killed.jpg

John Nopales likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Science that cannot be questioned isn't science - it's propaganda.

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Nothing in the entire narrative rises to being factual. I offered an opinion as to why so many healthcare workers may be getting vaccinated or not. I guess you are demonstrating why the thread is titled as it is. Many doctors don't know much about epidemiology either.

John Nopales likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Both my current doctor and my last doctor wouldn't have been vaccinated if it wasn't required of them and, like most people who actually understand the use of masks, they wouldn't require masks either if the state didn't mandate it. Actually, I am not certain of my current doctor because she wouldn't come out and say that, but she certainly wasn't trying to talk me into it. She did say that the masks were not her idea.

15. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I only included your last paragraph from your OP. I agree with this thinking completely.

One of my sisters (74) married her high-school sweetheart in 1968. They have one daughter and one grandson. They have every conservative value you can think of, and actually live their lives more conservatively (culturally) than I do.

She was valedictorian of their class of 400+ and he was salutatorian, so they must be pretty smart, right? She is a devout member of a Baptist church. (We were raised in a very old-fashioned Christian home, but I have never been a member of any church, although many of the traits are burned into me. My BIL came from a religious family also, but he does not follow any formal religion either).

Despite all the above, they are both flaming liberals. My BIL is the family's go-to for tidbits of history. YET THEY ARE BOTH COMPLETELY CLUELESS about much of world history (we never discuss politics though). I would love to throw this at my sister, but probably never will: "Do you know that the left, which you support, HATES Christianity, going all the way back to the French Revolution -- the beginning of leftism? All the Communist revolutions in the 20th century followed that model, and is being followed here in the US and really came to a head in 2020."

I can hear the gears rattling already: "I love my brother but he is so ignorant because he owns guns and doesn't like the Cuomo family."

People like them fit exactly the definition of "useful idiots," a term supposedly coined by Vladimir Lenin. "In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders." SOURCE.

This is what we're up against. I have an almost parallel example with a couple I am good friends with. I gave up trying to debate politics with them (or any other liberal) several years ago. There was never any common ground.

My conclusion: American liberalism (leftism) is a religious cult. Facts, evidence, common sense don't matter. The State is God and God is perfect. To get a lib to admit to one flaw in their worldview is akin to getting a devout Christian to admit that God is flawed. Ain't gonna happen.

My sister cannot understand any of this; if she did she would have to denounce either liberalism or Christianity. The two cannot exist legitimately within one person.