An Interesting Take On Tucker Carlson

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Ken Anderson, Aug 9, 2023.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know anything about this kid, and I'm not a huge fan of Tucker Carlson, but I thought this was an interesting take on Tucker Carlson from a Christian perspective.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

When I was listening to one of the interviews that Tucker did, he had said that when the 2020 election happened, he believed what he saw on the television news, and thought that they were telling the truth about the January 6th protest and president Trump interfering with the election. .
    Then, he said that he discovered that when he tried to have an actual discussion with his friends and neighbors about what happened, people just got angry and would not even look at anything except what they saw on television; which made Tucker decide that he should investigate and see why people were so adamant that there was only one side to the whole story.

As he investigated, and learned more and more about the propaganda that was being told, and tried to interview people from both sides, that is probably when Fox News started being aware of how he was changing and started stopping Tucker from showing both sides of the event.
    Now that he is away from Fox, and not controlled, I think that we will see a much different person in what he reports as a journalist.

3. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting video and good insight on an influential person I have spent time watching in past years

The host concludes with a valid point that hits me hard. For years, I too have been trying to influence liberals and atheists with facts but have found it to be mostly ineffective. Be it religion, politics, or cultural values, it seems most people are driven by feelings, not evidence, and their feelings are driven by a presuppositional world view that best suits them.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Here is a good snapshot of Tucker Carlson and Alex Jones, taken from their interview which was filmed in October, but aired on Tucker’s Twitter platform last night.
    I watched most of the interview, and was amazed at how well Alex Jones does when he is simply talking and not ranting like we often have seen him do, and also it was interesting that both men profess a deep belief in God and are Christians.
    I think that this comes back to the video that @Ken Anderson posted in the OP about people changing when they develop a deeper relationship with God.

IMG_5709.jpeg

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think Tucker, like Trump, Putin and a number of others, experienced an "Awakening". Most forget that Tucker started on MSNBC, but his views as they changed got him booted from there. On to Fox, where the same thing happened when his developing views got him fired from there too. I think he is a man who speaks what he thinks and believes, right or wrong, and you can agree with him or not. I noticed he said "I am a Protestant so I can read the Bible for myself". He is referring to an old thought among Catholics that uneducated people should accept the Bible as it is "fed" to them by people more educated than them selves. That is no longer the case, as anyone who has attended Catholic services realizes.

Tucker advocates Bible reading, but he hasn't yet read the entire "book" himself, so he is speaking from a bit of ignorance himself. I read the entire Bible (KJV) before I was out of high school, and , while I don't think I have read the Old Testament in it entirety since, I have read the New Testament countless times since. I had to quit before I completely lost faith, so I no longer read much of the New Testament but I do work with the Torah periodically.

Perhaps these "awakenings" are the work of God in these men's lives and it is a sign that He is still in control.

6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Tucker Carlson is a fearless fighter for facts. This is admirable, while not popular among too many people. I like to chew something over until I have reached the raw bones of an issue and see what it is all about. Those who jump to what is considered actual conclusions are under many delusions, and I feel very, very sorry for them.

Folks miss a lot in life when the status quo is all well and good. Actually, it itsn't.

7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

There are so many different Christian and Jewish religions that I studied intensely for years trying to find where I belong. I came home from library with as many as 25 books to study, plus of course the Bible. Geography is important aspect of Bible study.
    After years of this I really understood what Solomon meant when he said, " much wisdom brings great sorrow". Our understanding can get in the way at times.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I think he is a good TV host, but I don't think he is presidential material.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. John Nopales

John Nopales Well-Known Member
    Registered

What criteria do you feel that entails, to be a good president?
    If you had the choice, who would you choose between Tucker Carlson and Joe Biden?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Donald Trump :)

11. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't even think he's a good TV host. Yuck.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

It's his laugh!

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

How to save America?

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

His voice is annoying; he just gets on my nerves.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I believe I recall Tucker's speech on the topic. I do think those attacking our nation form within know the point, both in Tucker's speech and in the narrators. The Founders Decried political parties as they believed they would be the death of the nation but saw no way to avoid what they called "factions". The destruction of the spirit that is/was America is part of the agenda that @Ken Anderson often refers to. I don't think it can be cured quickly.