Anti-vaccination Movie Pulled Due To Pressure

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

You are offered the flu vaccine free in the UK when you are over 65, I had it once and got a series of colds that winter, which they say can never happen, but I believe my immune system, which is normally very good was compromised in some way by the vaccine.
    I have never had it since and rarely get colds now, I signed some form at my doctors surgery, and they haver never bothered me since, I used to get several letters each winter trying to persuade me to have it

I have also never taken antibiotics which they hand out like sweets here, and it seems this has caused bacteria to mutate and become immune to the current antibiotics.
    Some vaccines appear to be life savers for some and that is good, but in general I rely on my own immunity for most diseases.

Martin Alonzo and Denise Evans like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know about flu shots, I got the flu shot once because it was required when I volunteered at the hospital.

I didn't get the flu, I also never got it before either. I also didn't have any side effects from the flu shot. It was free.

As for meds and side effects, yes most have them. Most arent bad and after a few days they are gone. But on these commercials and the paper that comes with your meds, they are required to list every side effect even if only one person had it.

Also about meds, I always research one I have to take and go as far as reading reviews about it. If most people don't get side effects and it helps them I'm willing to give it a try.

Terry Page likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is what I do, @Denise Happyfeet , and it might work for you as well. I rarely ever get sick, and I never get any kind of shots (like the flu shot).
    One of the first defenses that our body has against any kind of virus or bacteria is to raise our body temperature and kill that virus.
    Many people don't seem to realize that, and they run for the medicine cabinet and take an aspirin or another med that lowers fevers. The fever is only dangerous if it gets high enough to do damage to your brain, but a mild fever is just killing off the invading bugs.

On the other hand, a fever is no fun (bug-killing or not), and most of us would prefer to avoid having one, if possible.
    What I do is when I go to the fitness center, I always get into the hot tub for 5-10 minutes (depending on how hot the water is), and that will raise your body temp up enough to kill any invaders as a precautionary measure.
    So, if you have picked up a few germs somewhere, the hot water should raise your temp just a little bit and kill them off before they multiply enough to become a problem.
    I know that you go to a fitness center also; and if they have a hot tub there, this might help you as well.

I also take Lugol's iodine every day. Iodine will kill all sorts of bacteria, virus, and even yeast infections. I started taking it for my low thyroid, but after reading about the other benefits of the Lugol's Iodine, I now take it as a preventative as well.

Terry Page and Denise Evans like this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I don't even know when I have a fever because my temp is always 97 at the most. So if it's 98.6 do I have a fever?

Terry Page and Denise Evans like this.
  5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Excellent read Yvonne, it makes sense to me that a fever is another way the body rids itself of harmful bacteria!! I never thought of it, but yeah, makes good sense. I work at building up my bod's immune system as best I can. I had never even had the flu since I was a child, so I don't quite understand "me" getting a flu-shot. Something I'm learning too now, is that every time I have a headache, I used to reach for the aspirin. Now, the first thing I do is drink some water.

I've found lack of water is basically giving myself dehydration, so I need to drink it. It's all I drink now except for 2 cups of coffee in a.m., and a little (1/2) cup of juice with my popcorn at night. And I don't drink juice that has any refined sugar in it. That was giving me headaches in the middle of the night:(

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

I rarely have any temperature (constant 0%, lol) I mean anything higher than norm, or lower. Seems kind of odd we don't. I wonder why some folks do, and some don't;)

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes @Terry Page and I so am with you on the ab's. OMG, it made me remember about 2009, I had a sinus infection, or so I thought. About 3 months ago, maybe longer, I had the same ailment diagnosed as bronchitis!! I've had that condition almost every year since I was a little girl!

So in 2009 the doc kept refilling an anti-biotic, but I was not getting better. 3 months of ab's and still not well. It had gotten so bad, my equilibrium was all screwed up. So my sis told me to come over to her place and just rest. So I did that, but was so sick. I drug myself over to the computer, and typed in alternative/home-remedies for congestion, sinus, coughing (whatever I could think of). The first thing on the google search page was AC Vinegar. I didn't even look further because I knew my sis baked a lot, and she'd have some.

Sure enough I found it right off, took a tbsp in water, and chugged it down. This is no lie, maybe you remember a song that had lyrics like "I feel the Earth move under my feet"?? Well, I thought of that because as soon as I went back to the couch and layed back down, my head felt just like everything in it was "melting" LOL!! I mean I could feel it losening and I started feeling human again, omg! It was the most amazing thing. One time since then, I got that bronchitis, and immediately started doing the ACV. No more issues with it. Zero.

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The acid-alkaline balance of our body's pH is very important, and apple cider vinegar will halpe to normalize that balance. Strange as it seems, vinegar (which is an acid) makes the body more alkaline, and sugar (or foods with sugar in them) will make the body acidic, and that is when bacteria can survive best. Not only that; but most of the little critters feed on sugar; so anything sweet is only helping them multiply.

There is an old book by Dr. Jarvis, and it is called Vermont Folk Medicine, and in that he recommends ACV for many ailments, in both humans and in livestock.
    Here is an interesting excerpt from Dr. Jarvis report about the use of both ACV and Lugol's iodine to cure streptococci germs in milk cows.

http://www.jcrows.com/bacterialcontent.html

9. Terry Page

Registered

Yes I always remember my father's remedy when he went down with a cold or whatever, he would drink a hot toddy and go to bed to sweat it out, and it always seemed to work.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I seldom have fevers anymore and rarely even get sick. Only complaint is my back.

The times I did have a fever, I kind of enjoyed the in and out of delirium that went with it. Don't know why though.

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

Yes the trippy part, I remember as a child where the room somehow was the wrong perspective or something, everything was weird, a bit like a mushroom trip :rolleyes:

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I didn't get that dilirious, Terry...are you sure you aren't thinking about a drug trip you took? :)

Terry Page likes this.
  13. Terry Page

Registered

At 5 years old not really, I hadn't even been aware of regular mushrooms then ;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ok, you're a weird one though, so nothing phases me where you are concerned. I mean "weird" in a good way. :)

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

It makes sense to me that we would have been provided with natural remedies for the diseases that we face. The problems are related to all of the absolute nonsense and fraud that you have to wade through in order to come up with something that might reasonably work. When I am facing something like the flu or a cold, I am perfectly willing to play around with natural remedies but I am less inclined to depend upon a natural remedy for something like cancer, although I do believe that there are natural ways in which we can deal with these things.