Any Practiced Martial Arts?

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Marie Mallery, Jan 19, 2023.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Thats true but they may give you a chance to pull your gun in a sneak attack. Say somebody walks up puts you in a chole hold, good time to break loose and reach for the gun.

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

In no state does any discipline of martial arts require any black belt holder even those with 5th-degree status to register in any way. If one earns a black belt for defense reasons, the best thing one can do is never mention it. Mystery is the best defense. The same with having a concealed carry permit. Keep it to yourself.

While no martial artist is faster than a bullet, they can be faster than the attacker can draw and pull the trigger. Some are fast enough to knock the gun off target even if the attacker has their finger on the trigger. A Tai Chi master can do some amazing things.

Marie Mallery and Thomas Windom like this.
  3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hard to beat a bullet. Although, what can often happen is that people are not conscious of a gun’s uniquely distinct advantage and get close enough for someone to unexpectedly grab the gun. The advantage to a firearm is…lethality at a distance. These idiots that get up close and personal to wave a gun in someone’s face are courting Darwin awards.

Marie Mallery and Jessica Morgan like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

You are absolutely right, Faye. I just read that about martial arts, that nobody has to be registered with anyone. Unfortunately talking to the wrong people, and sometimes a person doesn't know who is a "wrong person/people", that they own firearms can turn into a home invasion/home robbery. Home invasions are just for valuables, but for firearms as well.

5. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

If a stranger attacked me from behind I'd go for his windpipe with my hands, failing that I'd go for his eyes, hopefully I'll never have to put it in practice though

Faye Fox and Marie Mallery like this.
  6. Jessica Morgan

Registered

There's a certain judo move that I'd practiced on my friend when we were teens, it involved my foot in her chest as I threw her over my head while grappling with her on the ground, I reckon I could still throw a person like this if I had to.

Marie Mallery and Faye Fox like this.
  7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My favorite one for messing around was letting a boy shove me to the ground and then doing the scissor kick that was one foot holding his ankle in front and the other foot swiftly into the back of his knee making him fall forward. You can take anyone down like this. Once face down, then I would put one foot over the other and push his heels into his back. Even the strongest man can't get out of this if it is done quickly.

Jessica Morgan and Marie Mallery like this.
  8. Jessica Morgan

Registered

Very well described Faye, I know the move you mentioned. God help anyone who tries to attack you (⁠•⁠‿⁠•⁠)

Faye Fox likes this.
  9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks and my God bless the hands of the physical therapist that try to heal my torn muscles. :D

10. Tom Dinning

Tom Dinning Active Member
    Registered

Nah. You just can’t conceal them. Don’t put them in your pockets or wear gloves. Some places require you paint them red or carry a flag in each hand.
    I keep my hands at arms length so I don’t hurt myself.

Marie Mallery likes this.