Any Really Nice Christmas Gift This Year?

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think the object of appreciation with @Yvonne’s post isn’t that her friend got a tractor but the fact that her husband gifted her the tractor for Christmas.
    Of course, in this case Norma loves the gift but for most women, the last thing a husband needs to get their wives is something to work with; like a vacuum cleaner or an iron.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've not shot a Henry. I don't like the Model 94s. Whose hair brained idea was it to put a top eject on a 30-30? I've got a Marlin 336C that I like (although no shotgun or 30-30 is what I would call "pleasure shooting.)

I've not bought myself a gun in a long time. I need something to carry around my property, mostly for snakes. Maybe I need a .22 revolver loaded it with rat shot. Got any suggestions?

3. John Brunner

A friend bought his wife a wok for an anniversary. She was nasty about it for a very long time in front of a lot of people. I felt bad for the guy.

Thomas Stillhere and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I totally cannot understand that concept. I would much rather have something practical than something just to look at.
    Take Norma’s Kubota for example. She has horses, has to move hay, clean stalls, and clean out a pathway to the barn in the winter.
    Now, she can do it with a machine instead of a shovel and pitchfork.
    What is not to like about that ?
    I have always told Bobby that (given the choice) I would prefer a wheelbarrow over a diamond ring anytime. You can’t use that ring for anything practical, but I use my beloved garden cart all of the time.

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I got a cheap Heritage single action .22/.22 Win Mag revolver to carry around the place, mostly for snowshoe hares and such, as we don't have snakes to worry about. The cylinder can be changed to switch between the two cartridge sizes. I found .22 birdshot to be too timid for my purpose, but the .22 mag works just fine with birdshot. The little extra oomph does the trick. It is a little large to be comfortable on the tractor, but walking with it is just fine.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  6. John Brunner

I would do both: "Here's that budget-buster practical item that's gonna make your life easier, and here's a bracelet that belongs on your wrist."

I bet your friend is gonna love that Kubota. There are all sorts of implements for sale on Craigslist. I picked up a ton of stuff.

I know there's a bunch of accessories she's looked at, but I gotta throw this specific one out there.

[​IMG]

It fits over the blade of the front end loader, you clamp it down tight, and you can run a chain through it to lift stuff. I bought a pair of them. They've worked well, there's no welding involved, and you can slide them to whatever spot you like. I leave mine on until it's time to plow snow or put a different attachment on the loader. It's the cheapest, most useful thing she can get.

Amazon says "Not currently available." Here's a link to the manufacturer's page, where they are back ordered until early January. There are some exactly like this without the threaded clamp, but they slide off if you tilt the bucket too far, so pay attention to what's being sold.

7. John Brunner

Thanks. I bought a single action cowboy-style .45 at a yard sale. Maybe I'll break it out & play with it.

The problem with snake protection is you're not likely to know you need it before it's too late.

Thomas Stillhere and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nothing material but I did get a few things. Here is what I got Christmas 1956, a nice Bicycle and so did sister.

553.jpg 555.jpg

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The best Christmas gift I got this year was another Christmas on this earth with my family. That to me is priceless.