Any Thoughts On Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Susan Paynter, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Here we go again......

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

That is kind of why I was asking about the What God Said book by Walsch. It was an interesting way to look at existence, the world and how we relate to each other.
    I have never been to the afterlife to tell about it. But I have had experiences with a loved one and a person I knew that had crossed over. Not as cool as the show the Medium, though.

3. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The afterlife comes after life on this earth, after resurrection from the grave of course. .
    There's no indication, history or verified evidence that any person's soul nor spirit nor consciousness , mind or other, continues without a body.

4. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Yes, it is so.
    Jesus Himself Said Openly that He Came/Comes not for the righteous, but for the unrighteous. The ones willing to and who do turn to the Creator because His Kingdom is at hand, to serve Him instead of demons or flesh or anything created.

5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Yes.
    In the Creator's Word, Scripture, The Bible, it is clearly detailed and really may be the only way to show or to see, As God Reveals and is Willing, the difference The Creator tells of soul and spirit, and what happens to spirit, soul and body in this life, and after this life.

The two very different people most prevalent in Scripture are the ones born again by the Will of the Father in Heaven, and the ones who are still serving the enemy and have rejected the Messiah Who could save them. Light and darkness. Life and death.

6. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

As a skeptic and agnostic I'm led towards the possibility of an afterlife by two things - the evidence that organized evil actually exists and my desire that my loved ones continue on in some manner after death. The first is a more cosmic, impersonal observation while the second has only to do with my own life.
    I pray, but I do not pray for belief - I pray to understand what the world is and how I fit in it. Either may lead towards the same place but the distinction is important to me.

7. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've posted my "afterlife" elsewhere, but in a nutshell: When we listen to Beethoven or watch a Shakespear play, both "live" on. While most of us are not Shakespears or Beethovens, the same works for us on a much smaller scale. I've mentioned that my university German teacher caused me to change my major to German, which served me well. During my life as a teacher I've had students compliment me and say nice things. I like to think that I might have changed their lives for the better. If they go on to change lives, I "live" on.

John Houlihan and Mary Stetler like this.
  8. Dwight Ward

Registered

Living on in the thoughts of others has never been a great comfort to me. People don't remember the real you, only the version of you they hold in their minds - a kind of a short story of you. We remember the great things Einstein achieved but we don't remember the total man. In that way, even if some things about you are remembered, most of you is lost to death and time.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Without even looking, I know I have written about it before but when it comes to remembering past loved ones, one has only to look at themselves.

Each of us has some subconscious, latent and active memories and even some physical traits of those who were in our genetic linage since that linage began.
    Some of our fears, loves, likes and dislikes can be not-so-coincidentally traced back to someone(s) in our background.
    DNA entanglement is a strange study but quite revealing in that when we think about each molecule of DNA containing 3-4 gigs of stored memory that doesn’t necessarily belong to our personal existence …….it’s scary.

10. Dwight Ward

Registered

I haven't explored the area you're speaking of. Can you expand on it, especially the your last sentence?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Any Thoughts On Afterlife?

I will get back to you after I die.

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The rat experiment:

A female rat is caged and given two portals from which to feed. One gave a shock whilst the other was safe.
    The female learned which portal to feed from.
    The female was impregnated and had pups which were immediately separated from her and cared for totally apart from her until they could manage on their own.
    Those rats were then caged with the same feeding situation as the mother was subjected to before their birth.
    The rats shied away from the portal that was charged and went directly to the safe one.

Analysis: The younger generation of rats had an added instinct that was derived from the experiences of the mother ergo in their DNA the “shocking” experience had been “remembered” even though it hadn’t been personally experienced earlier.

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

As we are getting on, we think about afterlife more although we could have died when we were young too. I will say, my first husband and soulmate died when he was 25 and I felt him at the time and several times thereafter. I have had other experiences with 'souls' as well.
    My life has been comparatively easy. Kind of a fifties life. With whatever is going on now, I am hoping that re-incarnation is not in my future.
    But today it is bright and sunny out. If it were not so wet, I would have started cleaning up and burning the winter waste. I am inclined to start seeds today and enjoy a sunny Sunday.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

My earlier post also explains much about what is believed to be re-incarnation and regression hypnotherapy.
    A person under hypnosis isn’t remembering their own past but rather the experiences of someone within their genetic line.
    Sometimes when we get that feeling of Deja Vu, it could well be something a past relative saw or felt.

There’s nothing conclusive or absolute about the study as of yet because it is, after all, science and those who study any aspect of science have more closed doors that remain to be opened than the doors that are already ajar.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  15. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The afterlife? I'll let you know my thoughts after I get there.

Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.