Any Thoughts On Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Susan Paynter, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

No imagination required.
    Read what the Creator Says Himself about the life to come.
    No sickness.
    No tears of sadness. - except maybe for such grievous sins and evil ways past for a while.
    No grief.
    No memories at all, no remembrances, of some parts of this life.
    No lawyers.
    No shopping malls.
    No stock market.
    No drugs.
    No doubts.
    No unjust anger.
    No worldly desires.
    =============================
    nothing at all negative.
    =============================
    For the positive, we cannot even hope to comprehend unless the Father in heaven reveals it in our spirit, if He Pleases to do so.
    Sheer Continually Joy, Peace and Righteousness Always Forever whatever the activity or rest or company - all good and true and perfect.

Think Adam and Chavah had it good before they sinned? Perfect Garden, Perfect World, Perfectly made for each other ..... and they blew it....

The heavens and earth to come will again be absolutely perfect - no sin. And full of the goodness that the Creator purposed eternally, to show all the heavenly inhabitants His Perfect Wisdom in Creation, and His Perfect Mercy in Forgiveness for those who are granted new life in Christ Jesus.

2. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

If there is an afterlife after death and it's better than life I agree about not wanting to live forever, but if there isn't, being dead forever can be really, really boring.

Tommy Gunne and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

... but to be bored you have to have some degree of awareness. Death in a world with no afterlife can't involve awareness.

Stop trying to puzzle me any more than I already am.

Tommy Gunne, Bobby Cole and Ed Wilson like this.
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

In the absence of some revelation, I think we are just matter that has taken a living form and we are at the forefront of the evolutionary process, and after we are dead the matter that is us should be returned to the soil to be repurposed into some other living entity, like grass, a flower or a bird. It's kind of immortality in a sense but our society thinks we are special so most get squirreled away in a box and buried . Oooooh!

5. Dwight Ward

Registered

No tears of sadness. - except maybe for such grievous sins and evil ways past for a while.
    No grief.
    No memories at all, no remembrances, of some parts of this life.

I would want to remember this life. I wouldn't want to forget my sorrows because they are part of me and the way I remember my departed loved ones.

If there is an afterlife I couldn't imagine it held these losses. I'm more confused than ever.

John Houlihan likes this.
  6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

People everywhere want what hurts them and what hurts their babies and their children and their relatives and their neighbors and their countries and so on.

i.e. people naturally seek and get what hurts them, knowingly or not.

The Creator Perfect and Completely and Absolutely Knows what is best for each individual. He Is Always Right without any doubt .

It is part of our selfishness that wants to stay comfortable, or in touch with past or present loved ones,
    and selfishness and lack of trust that rejects the Creators Forgiveness and Healing and Salvation.
    It is inherent in men, the bad parts, and no good parts, world wide for many generations.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’ve been called just about every name there is but the 20+ synonyms of the word “strange” are the most prevalent.
    Out of all of them however, I do prefer idiosyncratic.

John Houlihan and Dwight Ward like this.
  8. Dwight Ward

Registered

I'm not that cynical, having no faith in my probably wrong conception of how the universe works. I suppose I'm still open to that revelation.

9. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I think there's a very, very slight chance that reincarnation may actually exist, but I strongly doubt that any "Great Judge in the Sky" assigns your soul to another go-round based on what you've done in any of your lifetimes. I also think the energy that is you may end up in any number of existences in any one of the trillions of life forms in existence, in the universe.

For me, I would like to come back in another world devoid of human beings. I think we are a failed evolutionary experiment, and that Mother Nature will get our species off of the face of this planet in a very short while. Everywhere around me, I see evidence of precisely that with so much environmental chaos, natural disasters, "new" diseases, endless wars, etc., etc.

In the world I'd like to come back to, there is no competition, no survival of the fittest. Evolution, as it works here, does not exist. I would like to live in a world where all life forms cooperate to their mutual benefit. "You may say I'm a dreamer......"

10. Jeff Elohim

Registered

From ACTS, the believers - true believers not like today, not like any you have known -

44And all they that believed were together and had all things common. 45Their possessions and goods they sold and divided them to all, according as every one had need. 46And continuing daily with one accord in the temple and breaking bread from house to house, they took their meat with gladness and simplicity of heart: 47Praising God and having favour with all the people. And the Lord increased daily together such as should be saved.
    ===================================================

The Lord knows such as should be saved.

The others perish without hope and without Christ.

11. Tommy Gunne

Tommy Gunne Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You weren't bored in all the centuries before you were born and you won't be bored in all the years after you die. You simply will not exist

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Very good! It's better than what I had planned to write. There are a few things that concern me. My wife is a few years younger and as a female should outlive me. I dread being a widower. Another that might sound silly: I'd like my book collection to find a new home rather than the dumpster.

Tommy Gunne likes this.
  13. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Or consider that it is a self fulfilling prophecy. You believe that when you die you will simply not exist, so that will be your result. I believe that I will have Eternal Life, as has been promised, so that is what my result will be.

I might add that I'm really looking forward to reuniting with several loved ones

Mary Stetler likes this.
  14. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I love reading about science and archeology. They have discovered bones from an unknown species from 8 million years ago. The teeth and hip bones gave a very good insight to what it might have looked like. It stood erect and walked erect and the rear molars are the same as humans, the front teeth were still the teeth of an ape or monkey. Now the discovery of the first link Lucy was around 6 million years old so there is a very long period of species evolving. The scientist believe there could be as many as 6 to 8 species in our evolution that have not been found. There are several species that died out and did not complete the evolution. It is very interesting to see the petrified bones, there were tooth marks on the large bone believed to be from a saber tooth tiger. This new species did walk upright but they also believe it still was climbing, probable due to the danger of being on the ground. I can only imagine just how dangerous it was. Most of the city of Rome was buried over the centuries and they are still finding artifacts and buildings. I suppose many people would argue that we did not evolve, but I do tend to believe it simply because all animal life did evolve over eons. We know that birds evolved from dinosaurs etc. I suspect there is still plenty of evidence one way or another to be found yet, that is what makes the subject so interesting. Today this aerial exploration has been a tremendous help to finding ancient structures that have been covered for thousands of years. It would be great to be out there cleaning and finding such interesting items. Here is the video

15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I have my own Theory it may not be perfected but I believe when we die our soul which is composed of energy leaves our body and seeks a new life form either spiritual or physical.
    Remember from physics:
    "Energy can be changed from one form to another, but it cannot be created or destroyed. The total amount of energy and matter in the Universe remains constant, merely changing from one form to another."
    If this statement is true, that means our soul will be seeking another form to exist. Since there is a limited amount of energy, that means there has to be a limited amount of forms that energy can exist in.
    Just a thought.