Any Thoughts On Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Susan Paynter, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't like talking about this because most people will question as would I if it hadn't happened to me so often a few decades ago, and no I never did take drugs at all, did like to drink though sometimes.

@John Houlihan

In 1985=86 Atlanta Ga. had an ice storm which grounded most of us, hubby worked about 10 miles from home, so we stayed with my friend which was only about a mile from his job.
    Our cat was pregnant, but we couldn't find her when it was time to leave so we left her at the house.
    He worked nights, next morning I was lying in bed, next thing I knew, I was somewhere in the " above" seeing my cat having her kittens from somewhere above ground, I saw them falling to the ground and on the ground were brown leaves and they looked like they were in clear wrap, of course it was the dried birth fluid, membrane, 'whatever'.
    I wasn't aware of my surrounding at all, I was just "there" is best I can describe it.
    I woke up hubby and told him we had to go the cat is having her kittens. He had just gone to sleep after 12 hour shift so he was not happy. I starting yelling trying to explain the kittens were already dead and the cat was in trouble, he told me I was dreaming. I totally insisted and he thought I was nuts but he took me to our house and I walked straight to where the kittens were laying dead on the ground meantime, he heard the cat in the tree so he started climbing up the tree, and I yelled, look the kittens are on the ground in brown leaves, in sac's like I saw them.

He yelled down, did you see me fall out of this damn tree? I told him he did not fall, so he got the cat and said "how did you know all this".
    I've had visions but that was the only OOB experience I ever had.
    I don't like telling these stories because I know people are skeptical and I don't blame them.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Marie,

I know it may have been hard to tell us about something so personal. Thanks for sharing it with us. OOBs are very common. Around 10% of the population has had at least one OOB.

Your OOB rings true to me. I totally believe it. What is fascinating about your OOB is that you saw the dead kittens, then drove 9 miles to your own house and found the dead kittens exactly where you saw them in your OOB.

There are different kinds of OOBs. What you experienced was a veridical OOB. Veridical means what you saw in your OOB was confirmed by evidence you found miles away from your OOB. That is solid evidence!

It's easy for me to believe in your OOB because I've read a lot about OOBs, near-death experiences, past-life regressions, reincarnation, life-between-life experiences, karma, etc. So thanks again for sharing, Marie. I think Mallery is an Irish surname. So like I used to say when living Ireland, "Up the Irish!"

Marie Mallery likes this.
  3. Marie Mallery

Registered

Glad you enjoyed the post and I always wondered why my only OOB was saving a cat, why not something extra ordinary, although I always loved cats. I do believe there are lots of OOB but people are not inclined to tell in fear of being ridiculed.
    John what kind of experience did you have?
    Yes, it is although they took the O off, it still remains very Irish on my grandmother's side.

John Houlihan likes this.
  4. John Houlihan

Registered

You asked what kind of experience did I have. I never had an out-of-body experience. I've only read about them and other related subjects. If you were not referring to OOB, what did you mean by asking about my experience?

5. Marie Mallery

Registered

I misunderstood is all, which happens too often ,lol.

6. John Houlihan

Registered

Marie,
    Question: How do you make a blonde laugh on Thursday? Answer: Tell her a joke on Tuesday.

Mary Stetler and Marie Mallery like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

John, at least she has a good memory.:D

Mary Stetler and John Houlihan like this.
  8. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't get it.:rolleyes:

John Houlihan and Marie Mallery like this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know anyone here who would ridicule that experience. I have had paranormal experiences and a friend who could disconnect from her body--astral project?

John Houlihan and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

Mary why don't you tell us about them? I'd like to know more.:cool:

John Houlihan and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. John Houlihan

Registered

LOL. I guess you are a blonde. LOL.

Beth Gallagher and Marie Mallery like this.
  12. John Houlihan

Registered

Hi Thomas. Thank you very much for the great post. Even though I thought I knew a lot about evolution, I still learned a lot from your post. My idea of our ancestors was very limited. I had no idea that there were so many hominids in our evolutionary history. The video makes some of them look so human. It gives me a lot to think about in trying to understand what is going on.

13. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think about it all, whatever happens, happens.

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

I always liked history. Evolutionary was too intense and didn't answer enough questions for me, mostly opinions. I don't think anyone can say something is a million-year-old much less million's. But then here we are back an opinion.:D

15. John Houlihan

Registered

Fascinating! Each DNA molecule contains 3-4 gigs of stored memory that may not belong to our personal existence. Scary is right! If it's not mine, then who or what is the source? This opens up a lot of "what-if" possibilities.

Marie Mallery and Dwight Ward like this.