Any Thoughts On Afterlife?

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Susan Paynter, Jan 31, 2021.

1. John Houlihan

John Houlihan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Joy, here is one of the best answers I have found to your question. It's a book called "Journey of Souls" by Dr Michael Newton.

Dr Newton is a hypnotherapist who put his patients into deep trances where they revealed past lives and life-between-life experiences. What I like about his work is that he was an atheist who did not believe his early findings, but grudgingly changed his mind and began a thorough 30-year research before writing his book. I have read the book and it sounds believable. His book plus my other readings about near-death experiences convince me that afterlife and reincarnation is probably true.

What goes on between reincarnations is fascinating. Nothing to be afraid of. On the contrary, very reassuring. You get to decide what to do in your next lifetime. You agree to a soul contract that will become the purpose of your next life.

Journey of Souls.png

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    Marie Mallery and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Having had 'extra' spiritual experiences, I did much study in the Bible. Many verses say we will know nothing, except the promises of heaven of course.

Ecl.9 5-6
    For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten. 6 Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more share in all that is done under the sun.

Read full chapter

By memory [which ain't what it used to be, " whatever thy do, do with all thy might for there will be plenty of rest in the grave, where thy goest".

umbers 12:6
    6 he said, “Listen to my words: “When there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, reveal myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams.

Mind hasn't woken up yet so may come back to this later,

3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe the things we don't understand bother us so much that we explore other things that might help us understand the first set. Doing that, we unintentionally create yet more mysteries for ourselves. Like I've said before, I've stopped praying to understand the broader things. I've come to realize that wanting that or thinking I'm capable of understanding is a form of arrogance. Vanities of that sort and others are some of my many sins.

4. Sam Calabria

Sam Calabria Well-Known Member
    Registered

Dr. Eben Alexander: A Neurosurgeon's Journey through the Afterlife

The difference between his account of the afterlife and others is that, as a neurosurgeon, he was able to go into his own medical records.

At the time he had these visions of the afterlife, his brain was so consumed with inflammation from the meningitis...that it could not produce the images he saw.

Therefore, since his brain did not produce the images he saw....what did?

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I just came across this today.
    It is a near death experience which aligns itself closely to my own thoughts.
    I have had a few paranormal experiences to know this is not all there is.