Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

An anti Rant! Compliment to @Cody Fousnaugh
    Great pic of you and wife! Lovely couple!

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I grew a peach tree from seed. Not sure it would fit in your aero garden but it would in a good sized tub for years.:rolleyes: They might have a little fruit at year three.

Tony Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Registered

There is a site for unclaimed money. I think it is by state. You can see if any of your relatives left you money that you didn't know about:rolleyes:

4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

After making that comment I went on that site. There are 4 places where I supposedly have money (3 of them are $0-$50, and one of them is More Than $50.) The site I found this on is my state's treasury department.

I got over $100 from this site (or a similar site) once from some Allstate rebate. The weird thing was I had been with Allstate since 1972, and lived at that same address for over 30 years. There's no way that check could not have made it to my mailbox...but it sat as Unclaimed Property.

This may be my year for found money. Wells Fargo sent me a letter because I was unknowingly part of a class action lawsuit. I got $350 a few months ago. :D

5. Mary Stetler

Registered

Drinks on @John Brunner !:)

6. John Brunner

I really don't want any more recipes with a drug in the title as though that means the food is good.

Crack Chicken
    Crack Broccoli
    Crack Potatoes

Maybe I'll make some Heroin Hors d'oeuvres

7. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I know what you mean. I had Chicken POT Pie last week, What a job picking the weed out of my teeth.

8. John Brunner

I can't ever keep it lit.

Don Alaska, Von Jones and Tony Page like this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Registered

Dam gravy!

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I Got a rant.
    I do most of the grocery shopping, my daughter Is allergic to Tyme & Rosemary, I also have some sensitivities to these spices.
    So when I'm buying marinades, sauces, Frozen dinners, Or anything that might have these spice in it I have to read the label to make sure these spices are not in the product. I found There's a lot of products out there that do not list the spices on their label, All the label says is spices.
    They'll list all the preservers that I can't even pronounce but not the spices, so I have to put the item back.
    It' annoying.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Placed small order today with Amazon and must of hit wrong button and unknowingly signed up for Prime! :mad:Tried forever to cancel and could not .. I gave up--its free for 30 days but now must remember to cancel early.

12. John Brunner

I did the exact same thing once. After you say "No thanks" No thanks" No thanks", they sneak it in as one of the Free Shipping options. I thought there was a lawsuit over them doing this and then making it impossible to cancel.

I cancelled immediately and then received emails "Only xx Days Until Your Prime Subscription Expires."

This Amazon Customer Service Page has a button to click to end your subscription.

bastards

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not even going to download..he has more crap to watch now than ever;)

14. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

My rant is against myself and how cheaply I have valued me. I'm speaking of caring for my health. Was doing well, then bouts of insomnia started occurring leaving me physically weaker. I can't have this. I've been challenged by myself, and I'm a stubborn cuss.

Good sleep has become a challenge. I see how wrong I was to ignore it for too long. I give myself a slap and a wakey wakey call to take this issue seriously.

Now that I've told myself off, I feel better. Thank you.

15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Health is a big wake up call. I too have trouble sleeping but I do get some sleep. Nightly, I wake between 3 and 4:30 and stay up till about 6 Then go back to bed until about nine. My problem is I have a lot going on And I work up thinking about solutions. I feel like I get a restless sleep because often I wake up more tired than when I went to bed. I do every day try to get an hour nap in the afternoon, Once in a blue moon I'll fall into a deep sleep and it really helps.
    It hasn't happened in many years but there was a time I'd fall asleep watching t v, Then when I go to bed it made sleeping difficult.