Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

To quote a forum friend: Grrrrrr....

Marie Mallery and Mary Stetler like this.
  2. John Brunner

At most it will take half an hour.

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

No it's nothing like sleep apnea. I sleeping better. No more sleeping at my computer either. Thanks for the info.

Jim Brown and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry but if I do not rant on here, I may scream. I am mother rumping sick and tried of stupid relatives and their dumbass ideas on this Virus ! Yes, you may very ell get the damn Virus even after taking the shot, but instead of coughing in my dang ear like your about to die, you might would just be laying around feeling tired. Some people need to be Jack Slapped! Nope will not be coming to see ya anywhere soon.
    I realize people have to do what they feel is right. but dammit, stop quoting to me how we all are in Gods hands, as if that alone will protect you. I believe Science and God work together. He gave people brains to come up with ways to help in situations like the Virus.
    It amazes me also how divided families are on this subject.
    We took the shot, and guess we are lucky because no side effects. Because I have auto immune disease it was a no brainer for us. I am back to wearing a mask, because I want to.
    We all have been crammed full of crap since birth, and most of us have survived that one way or the other. Our bodies are not pure regardless. One friggen shot to hopefully give some form of protection is better than nothing.
    Whew ,least I feel somewhat better ;)
    They need to invent a shot for stupid. No need for comment, just letting off steam here. And I will not discuss the right or wrongs of Vaccine or the virus again. :)

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Part 2 to my above rant.
    Today got the call that Marks sister is in ICU and on a ventilator. She and her husband both have the virus since last week. My above post was in part about them. The their daughter that lives with them so far does not have the virus.
    I am furious at them and i am not alone, because they refused to get the shot. My SIL also has auto immune disease, plus a smoker, plus overweight. She has battled bronchial issues constantly.
    Regardless of all that , which in part is her fault, the shot could of at least maybe kept her out of ICU.
    Her chances of recovery are very slim. They refused the shot because their pastor preached against it. I am beyond anymore words :mad:

6. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear this about your family, @Gloria Mitchell . I join with you in ranting about people who don't have the training or experience to know what they are talking about but have a lot of social influence and listen to bullshit conspiracy theories talking against vaccination and masking, and other public health measures. Intentional stupidity drives me nuts, even more so when it comes with religious arrogance.

I hope your sister in law surprises everyone and recovers well.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Thank you very much

D'Ellyn Dottir likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I need a visit from my kids to set my background on this site to a darker tent. It linds me with glare.
    Of course most of my rant is about myself for not being able to post comments without so many errors.I can see better when I edit than when I post.:confused:.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Two nights without sleep for me now. Guess tonight I'll sleep.

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Insurance companies... need I say more?? Stupid Aetna Medicare Advantage has been paying ALL of my medical expenses since we satisfied the out-of-pocket maximum in February. Out of the blue, I get a bill from MD Anderson for a "copay" for my July 8 chemotherapy of $319.14. What?? I've been having chemo since February and never billed a penny for it.

So I spent the morning trying to get info from Aetna, calling three times and getting "disconnected" twice after sitting on hold for 12 minutes. :mad: If I owe the money I have no problem paying, but I want a detailed explanation of WHY I owe it. Of course they couldn't tell me anything today but will "investigate" and respond within 30 days. :rolleyes:

I then notified MD Anderson that the bill is under review (Aetna paid $5219 of the claim already) and that I won't be paying them until the matter is resolved with the claim. I don't want any bills going to "collections" and I don't need this aggravation right now.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

Beth sorry you have this to add to your stress. No you don't need anything rlse but to get this over and done with. You seem to have lots of us pulling for you. Take care.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

So I decided to look at my account on the Aetna website, and apparently they paid the $319.14... or at least scheduled it to pay by EFT on 8/16/21. It would have been nice if they had notified me that the claim was straightened out. :mad: But I suppose I should just be glad that I have insurance and for the most part they have been good about paying up.

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

The whole medical/insurance industry is all screwed up. We all need advocates!

Von Jones and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Stetler, I so agree that we need advocates especially for medical insurance. When a new medical condition appears they waste no time putting a 'yay or nay' policy in place for coverage.

15. John Brunner

...and you'll never be able to figure it out on your own. You never be able to have a complete understanding on what you're paying for.

Don Alaska likes this.