Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I just leave mine hanging on the mirror...It doesn't block anything.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

When I first got my handicap placard in 2005, due to my hip replacement, the placard could be used in any vehicle. The one we have now, has our license plate tag number on it and is suppose to be used only with that vehicle. But, we have used it in a rental car with no problem.

There was a young (Millennial age) couple that was parking in the handicap spot right in front of our apartment. There were other spots to park in, but for whatever reason, they chose to park in that spot. No placard or handicap license plate on the vehicle. I let our manager know, and the resident stopped parking there. We have our vehicle in an enclosed garage, but it was just the point that the resident seen the handicap sign and totally ignored it.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, another complaint about Seniors is...........55 plus communities. There are those that say those communities discriminate against younger age brackets. In fact, there have been some Seniors that have complained when they take in an "under 55" family member or friend and get notified that they are breaking the community rule of "55 plus" only.

4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Get a van and problem solved.We use to travel often with 4 to 6 small grandkids. Some of the places we stopped at were absolutely filthy and of course the first thing a small child will do is gran toilet seat,so we got a camper potty,no more stops and no more filthy restrooms. Of course I realize now that most of us don't travel with kids or travel at all anymore.
    But we still have a potty in our van and have'nt used public restrooms for well over 30 years now, we have always had a van too_Of course this new energy thing may make it impossible to own anything that large.But we're keep our van till they force us to sell it.

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Veteran Member
    Registered

Lots of stories about able bodied folks who obtain a handicapped placard. Knew a man about 10 years ago that, under murky circumstances, had started receiving a VA disability payment for loss of hearing in one ear. He was given a placard, and of course, used it. Pathetic.

6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Movies are hard to find now unless you like violense or propaganda.Blood and agenda's is the name of the game.

7. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery Do you mean going to the movies or streaming/renting movies?

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's as though there are people who are motivated by getting away with something.

The things that would make you & I feel dirty are somehow pleasing to them.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I just mean movies in general. Now and then we watch a fairly good movie on Youtube or online. Mostly we stick to YouTube doc's or people of interest ,:Gone With The Wynns, Bjorn Hanson,Rxstrmom,etc.,for our entertainment.

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We have a small, to medium, library of DVD movies, both Blu-Raye and Regular. But, for some of our movies, a person would have to have a great "sense of humor", like: Last Vegas, Grownups (1st one), Weekend At Bernie's, Ride Along 2, Uncle Buck, Get Smart and a few others. We also have a few religious movies, like The Shack and Risen.

11. Marie Mallery

Registered

12. Bibbi Wright

Bibbi Wright Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Marie Mallery OK, I wasn’t sure. Yes there are so many movies that seem to worship violence and where they fight for minutes on end without getting hurt. It was different back in the day when you’d see a fistfight in a movie and once one guy was down then it was over.
    Have you ever tried any of the streaming services like Netflix? Hundreds of movies and series covering all genres for a monthly fee

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I can't leave replies where I have not participated previously or create new threads without logging in which I can't do as I never receive a new password through my email. That is why I am Mary Stetler now instead of Mary Miller. Whatever happened, happened once before and I may eventually fade away.
    But I just saw a youtube of Obama saying that open borders are not sustainable but when Trump tried to fix the border everyone jumped on him. So, Obama is chastising Biden and his administration for pushing what He did (protecting and inviting illegals) too far. And that part of the clip was from liberal news broadcasts!

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

Bibi we did have Netflix for years but decided to just stay with YouTube and Prime for awhile.
    We enjoyed Blue Bloods and person Of Interest on Netflix plus a fewmore.Also Royal Pains was ok too.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We had Netflix for awhile, until we figured out that a number of movies they have, we already have in our DVD collection. However, these were Series that we watch on Netflix: Grace & Frankie, The Ranch (of which we had to put up with quite a bit of the "F" bomb being said) and the Longmire. On Peacock programming, we watched Yellowstone.

This was when we still lived in Florida. This last March, we found out about the Cowboy Channel on Roku and now have it on a yearly subscription basis. We really, really love seeing "live" rodeos on it.