Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry to read that Lulu.
    My Persian friend had a 20 minute out-patient operation a couple of months ago and his problem with it is gone.

John Brunner likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’ll figure something out.
    It just bugs the heck out of me when I set my sights on getting something done and something prevents me from finishing it. It’s like trying to walk with one shoe on.

John Brunner and Faye Fox like this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I lived in a town outside of DC where the ex-mayor did this on property adjoining my mother's home. When she sold to a developer, his costs to remediate runoff doubled, because he had his construction effects to deal with as well as the stuff flowing from next door.

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

My rant is all the Go Fund Me requests by people that have more money and property than I do. The latest is the couple that either didn't prepare for their trip or purposely got lost and the guy died. Now the family is begging for money to pay the funeral expenses and transportation of the guy's body from Nevada to Indiana and money to start a reform of the Nevada S&R. The surviving wife has an RV and an SUV, plus a house, plus a bank account. The family is far from poor or needing assistance, but why spend their money when they can cry on the shoulder of strangers with good hearts and not spend a dime of their money.

It pisses me off that stupidity is rewarded and this family is claiming the Nevada search and rescue system failed them. The one nephew that seems to be the spokesperson, could have driven to where they were last seen in a few hours and started asking questions, and conducted his own search. Search and Rescue usually waits a few days unless there is some evidence that time is of the essence.

It seems to me that Go Fund Me is seldom used by people in real need. They are usually too proud to ask for charity.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Faye, I had to "Like" your post here, because I felt the same way and feel the same way with those that do the Go Fund Me thing and get lots of money............and, they don't need the money at all.

But, as I continue to say.............welcome to the year 2022!! Like it or not.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Faye Fox - that is why i do not contribute to that kind of plea for assistance.

Faye Fox likes this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It is a shame that something that was intended to help people in need has been so badly misused, like GFM is. Most of the time, probably a friend or family member actually starts the GFM page, but that is not always true.
    Anyone reading about the accident in the newspaper or on the internet can take the details and start a page, supposedly for the people involved. The money is actually sent to whomever starts the page, and then they give it to the family ; so nefarious people prey on accidents and disasters to start a fake page and get the money.

Last summer when the wildfires were raging in Oregon and California, and pictures of burned houses that were used to set up fake pages for someone who lost everything in the wildfires.

Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I know what pushes good people to go Bad in some cases- other peoples greed!
    Thank goodness for insurance (least i hope for no surprises) $1800 to repair truck, but we should only have to pay $250 - in out case about the same thing. do not have either really, but might dig up $250 somehow.
    I hope the SOB who hit our old 2013 ,but snazzy Ford truck loses their auto altogether. Hit and run you deserve to lose yours.It was parked in our spot where we live in apts. Hit and run.
    After talking to apt manager today, we will have to move. We can not afford another 250-300 a month increase. In order to hopefully get something cheaper, we will have to move out of the area 50-100 miles.
    We will have to sell much as possible in order to be able to move - anywhere
    Bitch bitch, rant rant, am done- gonna go eat another sammich - :D:rolleyes::eek:

9. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Ditto!

10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

It makes me angry that high prices are hurting so many senior renters. I would sell and get a smaller easier to keep place but with all involved, I would pay more and get less. Places with smaller yards are selling for as much as ones with larger yards. Many apartment owners are remodeling (basically just painting and replacing flooring) and announcing monthly rates doubling, so we have a lot of people living in old junk RVs, in cars, and old house owners renting rooms at $800 a month. One place down the street has 3 families for a total of 15, living in a 1400 sq foot house. When one close-by apartment complex raised their rates and gave all tenants notice, I had people asking me if I would rent a room. NO NO NO! I notice the guy next door sublet out 2 rooms to single moms with kids for $600 each. It is just heartbreaking what my neighborhood has become being older homes. I see cops patrolling nightly. The old fart across the street just moved in another guy. Not sure how that all works but guys in colorful tights isn't my first choice as a view out my front window. While I am anxious for warm weather, the thought of them going bareback wearing only bicycle spandex shorts is making me ill. My hope is at least they will wear "husband" beater A tank shirts. Everything is going to hell with or without a handbasket. :p <<< I am not sticking out my tongue, I am just gagging!!!:(

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

As I remember it, Go Fund Me began as a way for people to fund entrepreneurs and new business ideas.

Bobby Cole, Faye Fox and Don Alaska like this.
  12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

These are the people who beg for help with their rent, and when you confront them on their alcohol and drug use being their underlying financial issue, say "But I'm not spending your money on those things!"

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Faye Fox likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

On a different rant, I just heard two disturbing things: 1) Amazon is imposing a 5% "surcharge" on all shipments using Amazon Fulfillment. 2) Biden Administration has announced they intend to pull doctors out of the VA system and send them to the border to deal with the sick among the caravans marching towards the border. It just get s worse every day. Biden's approval on a new poll (slanted to the left) is down to 33%. I believe that is a new record for modern presidents.

Bobby Cole and Faye Fox like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Amazon spokesman Patrick Graham told CNN that the fee surcharge applies only to fee rates paid by sellers that choose to use Amazon’s fulfillment services, which include storing, packing and shipping products. Others sellers that do not use Fulfillment by Amazon will not be impacted. News of the surcharge was first previously reported by Bloomberg News.

Bobby Cole, Don Alaska and Faye Fox like this.