Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Ya know that is kind of what the 'free' is all about. From drugs to facebook. I don't even give my email addy for free special emails to be delivered to my inbox. Junk mail and selling your addy is the cost of free.
    Eventually they will take back the 'free' internet.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's why I never install apps on my phone, although there are some that are tempting. Apple recently made changes to their operating system so you can block the data-harvesting that some apps do, but once they entice enough people to rely on that protection and install a bunch of apps, it could just as easily go away (if it's even really effective in the first place.) And fully uninstalling apps once they've been installed is like trying to get rid of a freeloading relative once he's moved in.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I understand these sites make some money from advertising. I'm not sure exactly how that works. Not good advertising if millions of images show up with Photobucket watermarks on them.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

I better don't start ranting; it could become an everyday issue since my main rant is people' s stupid behavior.

John Brunner likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Registered

Go for it!
    I bet we have run into a few of the same people.;)

6. John Brunner

Welcome to a world where people pay hundreds of dollars for a single share of Google stock when the business is bleeding cash. But if a blue elephant Beanie Baby can sell for $300...

7. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Does really pay to complaint about those things that will never change?

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Our internet provider has refused to give us any kind of a discount, like all the other people we know. The woman on the other end claims' They' have no idea how prices are determined, it is up to computer.
    What a crock of BS. Last year we were paying $117.00 for phone and internet. Net is 75/75.
    Then it was $128.12,and now $130.23. For a dollar more we can have 500/500..really ?
    I told the woman - um not any real valid answers ,so maybe we should have someone contact your company and see what is really going on. I hung up nicely and quite after wishing her a good day. :mad:
    Three weeks ago they would only offer me a $5 dollar discount. lolo guess I should of taken that.
    I am not happy. We are not allowed here at complex to have another provider. Maybe when we move we can catch a deal then-- or not !

9. Silvia Benoit

Registered

Hedi Mitchell,

I have TMobile. I pay $55,00 for my phone service, $50,00 for Internet (comp./ tablet / TV) and $20,00 for my cel...a total of $125,00. I use a window antenna.

10. Mary Stetler

Registered

Ours used to offer deals to new customers. The prices on our service kept going up. So we would quit for a month or so and then sign up again for the deals. (I had my phone by another provider. ) Eventually they stopped offering those deals and were pushing bundling. The more services you order, the cheaper they each were but you also paid more for more services.:confused:
    We can get a ROKU for streaming on our tv so don't need tv. the phone they offered was less than AT and T but that will probably go up.
    My daughter gets everything she needs on her phone which, I guess, is the way of the future.

11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

“Hello, I need to discuss my bill with you.”

Yes sir, how can I help.

“You guys billed me for $160 for medical services that the insurance company should have picked up.
    I didn’t even know about the bill for 2 months and after clearing things up with the insurance company they wouldn’t pay retroactively so instead of fighting it further, I have made 3 payments of $20 each but you kept billing me for $160 and I just got a letter from a collection agency billing a completely different amount”. (had to catch my breath after that sentence)

Sir, I see that you have made 2 payments but I don’t see the third.

(So….I gave the payment dates and nope, April 18th isn’t on their computer. )

Sir, you’ll have to come in to our business office and we’ll resolve the discrepancy.

“ And with that you’ll also solve the problem with the collection agency”?

At the business office.
    I see here that you’ve made three payments.

“Weird because yesterday over the phone you guys told me to come in with a receipt stating the missing payment and now it suddenly shows up on the screen”?

Dunno sir but it’s here.

“Okay so now that you know I’ve been making payments then why was the account sent for collections?

Just a minute sir. I’ll get someone else who knows more about it.

5 minutes later and speaking to another bean counter.
    Yes sir, we do have your account up to date now.

“Okay, since I’m here I might as well make another payment”.

No sir, we can no longer accept any more payments. You have to pay the collection service.

“Do what”? “You’ve just lost my business. ‘G’bye.”

To make this event a little shorter, when we got home I did indeed call the collection agency which informed me that they too only had 2 payments listed and the reason for the discrepancy in the balance was because of the added collection fee.

I pointed out to the dear lady that since she now knows that I have been faithfully making payments on the bill, why then was it sent to you guys for collections?
    She said that any outstanding bill over 120 days is automatically kicked to collections and that I’d have to pay the remainder of the bill plus the collection fee.

That’s stupid….says I. ( I also said some things about being given the runaround by money mooching bean counters and stuff)

Says I further, (in a slight fit of pique) Mam…I know you’re only following the guidelines and it probably isn’t your fault but as far as your agency getting a single dime out of me, it would be easier to stick a hot poker up a wild cat’s butt ! Click.

I would have preferred at that particular time to have a good old dial up phone that I could slam down but “click” is all I could manage.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  12. Mary Stetler

Registered

Good luck with this.

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Bobby Cole it has taken me 8 mos. to get mine corrected in a similar incident.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Since we are being forced to move come end of year, maybe we can find and use a cheaper service then. For now we are stuck.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. John Brunner

DO NOT PUT YOUR CAR INTO REVERSE UNTIL YOU ARE ACTUALLY READY TO BACK UP.

/over

Bobby Cole likes this.