Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sounds like experience I have had with the VA.

Bobby Cole and Marie Mallery like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Oh, it got more interesting.

I got a call from the collection agency about 2 weeks ago and the lady told me that she had compared notes with the hospital and I had indeed made 2 payments to which I replied, NO I made 3 payments.
    After that I went around the block with her and proved that I made 3 payments and also told her that even the hospital finally acknowledged it but yet they told the collector that I made 0 attempts to pay and then changed it to 2 a week later.

All that said, I asked the dear lady on the other end how she would have handled things if it had been her in the hot seat and she replied, “I really do not know” to which I replied, EXACTLY.
    It was then that reiterated my stance by telling her that I would gladly pay the hospital but since they passed it off to collections they will not take the money. And, if I had to pay collections to get the bill straightened out that would be fine but I will NOT pay the collection fee because the whole thing is a load of bull and if there was any more trouble from them I will get hold of the Attorney General’s office and let them sort it out.

Funny, but I haven’t heard a peep out of them since then. I sure would like to pay that $100 I owe but it seems that no one wants it now.

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Send the hospital a check (Return Receipt) with a brief letter documenting the payments you made and the dates. Put "Paid In Full" on the back as a Conditional Endorsement. This will get something tangible in front of them to accept or to reject, and will put an end to getting people with no authority to try to make a decision. I bet they deposit it. If they don't, it's on them.

4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I know some for-profit hospitals and clinics do this sort of thing deliberately but others do it out of incompetence and poor employee training. Speak with an attorney about it if it really bugs you. If nothing else, a letter from an attorney may save some other poor soul from going through what you did. An attorney's letterhead can work wonders, as they know there can be a threat behind the letter, except the government, who will fight you forever with the infinite resources at hand.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Because it is Sunday, I will forgo curse words. But I am so aggravated, people,places and things today.
    Up way too early,but needed to go to big Walmart for Radars dog food,little Walmart was out.
    Naturally they were out also. So settled on same brand, ingredients,and price,but puppy food. Atleast it is samll enough for his tiny getting old teeth. Sigh.
    While I was there, noticed something that must be a trending. People who stand in produce and shell their corn and bag it. :mad: If i have to pay full price so should you. Some some reason this irks the daylights out me. In the mean time I am scanning my items,when I notice the packing tape I scanned rang up $6.97 vs $2.97. Oh no, can do today,cutting spending until the almighty SS check comes in. Paid for ,as there was not a Walmart emplyee to be seen. Went to customer service and got a refund.
    And, last but not least, I would like to see, and be waited on people, that do not look like a coloring book left in the rain, with more metal in therir face than I have cooking pans!
    Pull up your pants, tie your shoes, and at least comb your lovely purple colored hair.:rolleyes:
    I know I am being judgemental today, but i really needed to vent somehow. :p

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good one, Hedi! I vent like this often and, sometimes, too often.

Not sure about your complaint about the price/shelling of sweet corn? Many stores will put a trash can right by the sweet corn so the customer can shell it right there. I don't do that, I wait until I get home and then do it..........but, that's me.

As far as how employees look, it appears that Walmart doesn't care that much. So, the young folks, who like, even love, the "look", get hired there. We have that "look" here, but not just in Walmart.

And, as far as being judgemental, in one respect or another, most people are towards others. Some say "I'm not judgemental, but in truth, they definitely are. Wife and I are judgemental, which can be good for choosing the right friends. IOW, Hedi, it's very hard not to be judgemental today........very!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. John Brunner

@Hedi Mitchell
    When I read your rant, I was gonna comment that it looked like Cody hijacked your account.
    I'm sorry you're having a bad an irritating day.

@Cody Fousnaugh
    Thanks for not disappointing.
    I'm sorry you're having a bad life.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    Mary Stetler and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, John, you just happen to be much more "accepting" than a lot of people, especially Seniors.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Not a bad day, just an irritating day. ;)

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I have never ever seen anyone do that until 2 days ago, and then today.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

People here would remove the tough outer leaves of cabbage heads before buying them. The cabbage counter was always a mess. The stores finally gave up and removed those leaves before putting them out. Probably raised the price also, but I can't say I blame them.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    John Brunner and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I have never seen anyone shuck corn or clean cabbage in the store. New one on me. I guess if the corn and cabbage is sold by the pound, it would save the purchaser money, but....

Krystal Shay and John Brunner like this.
  13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

If it helps, here they charge by the ear and not by the pound for sweet corn so they are paying the same amount as you for corn. Those shoppers are just being pigs if there is no can to put the husks in. Not ripping anyone off.
    Hugs for your bad day.

14. John Brunner

My Walmart puts out cans for folks to shuck corn. I don't get it.

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. John Brunner

I would never do that to anything sold by the pound. It's stealing. You may as well snap the crowns off of the head of broccoli and pay the lower price.