Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I just am disappointed in the stores that make it inconvenient when it doesn't need to be just because the Democrat-controlled cities allow theft.

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My small rant is probably something that most people would simply snicker and overlook but nope, I just can’t make myself do it.

I was reading the headlines for an article about the black students who beat up and killed a white student at a LasVegas school.

It went like: 15 black students unalived a white student at a Las Vegas High School.
    Who the? What the? Yeah, I know it has to be some ferner from somewhere that doesn’t know how to spell beat up or killed but c’mon! Who edits that crap?

Dunno. Maybe it’s okay. It is a kind of a relief knowing that I’m not going to die but instead I’ll just be unalived.

3. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Even the "journalists" are illiterate, or maybe just so woke they can't write.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

To your point, The Five (Fox News Commentary show) showed a picture of the shelves of a CVS in Washington, D.C.
    The shelves were all sans merchandise but instead had framed photos of the merchandise that used to be there.
    Now, I do not know if one has to go to an employee and show them the photo of what you want or snap a picture of the bar code and go to the counter to get the item or whatever.

It just seems to me that it would be a better move to upgrade security or do like most big box stores did during the CV-19 scare and allow only X number of people in the store at one time so they can be monitored or both.
    From what I have seen, there’s not that many people in a CVS store at one time anyway.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I just read Walmart, Walgreens,and Target will be getting rid of the self check outs in many areas at least.
    For ten items is okay, but a full load of grocery needs a check out clerk who knows the ropes.

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I think I would rather pull a tag and take it to get an item that try to find and employee to open a case. I don't know how this can be fixed if the powers-that-be won't prosecute criminals. It appears to be an effort by Soros et al. to destroy the U.S., especially the cities.

7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It is so easy to shoplift with self-checkout that sometimes it is done unintentionally, especially with small items.

Tony Page and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Even with cashiers, that big bag of dogfood or case of water, beer or pop occasionally gets unnoticed when it is on the bottom rack of the cart.

I have no doubt that honest people probably take home stuff and are totally unaware that they missed scanning it and paying for it. Probably millions per day across the U.S. are lost to the retailers.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It does seem that prosecuting shoplifters would be a more efficient solution.

10. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Lidl a fairly new grocery store in this area recently removed all but one registers and are relying on self-checkout. Many people still do not like self-checkout so the lines for the one cashier are very long.
    I guess they figured the save money with less cashiers, however they still have 2 assistance by the self checkout, Plus loss of goods from shoplifting, and loss of customers who do not like self-checkout.

11. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Several Lidls in my region of the state have recently shut down. (I never set foot in any of them.) ALDI has gotten proportionally busier. ALDI's lines are longer than most stores but the lines move quickly since they toss your stuff in your cart and you wheel it off to the side to bag it yourself. There are no self-checkouts at ALDI. Perhaps being retired you can time your trips to coincide with the slower days/times.

I just looked up an article and see that Lidl closed 11 stores in 6 states. They have about 170 stores in the states (falling short of the 600 store goal stated in 2017) and 12,000 stores worldwide. ALDI has 2,300 stores in the states and roughly the same number worldwide as Lidl.

Tony Page likes this.
  12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I do try to shop off-peak hours, No matter what store I'm shopping.
    Lidl and Aldi are both based in Germany I read and are competitors. I can see Lidl closing stores, they have 2 in my town less than a mile apart.
    Wife and I just discussed giving Aldi another try, we tried it about 7 years ago and didn't like it.
    I just joined today Lidl Pulse which is a feedback apt. First opportunity I will complain about the reduction of registers.

Just read Burger King Will be closing 400 stores, even Though they are profitable.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

That stinks. They are so much better than McDonalds. And McDonalds has really raised their prices with the stated intent of shedding low-budget customers...they gotta eat somewhere.

Tony Page likes this.
  14. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We had mcdonald's tonight my wife and daughter didn't feel like cooking, So my daughter went to mcdonald's. There hamburger doesn't always agree with me, So I got the fish sandwich.

John Brunner likes this.
  15. John Brunner

I gotta rant about the dysfunctional pharmacy that I get my compounded antibiotic from.

Here's what I've whined about so far:
    -They misled me on auto-refills and shipping.
    -They changed their billing code so insurance no longer covers it.
    -They told me that Out-of-Pocket was gonna be $124 (versus $68 co-pay), yet it ended up being $50 and then $40. Makes me wonder what that $68 co-pay was all about all those months.

The worse thing about the main compounding location is that you cannot talk to a human on the phone, and their compounding location a 130 mile round-trip from home. Everything with them is done via text. And they don't always respond. This is a retail pharmacy where they dispense standard scripts, with the lab in the back.

So I had arranged for my monthly script to be sent to their second location near my urologist to coincide with my monthly cath swap...I get it all done in a single trip. They run a daily shuttle between the locations. When I go online and enter my refill, I always add a note reminding them to shuttled my script to this second location, and I follow up with an email. During the text conversations regarding the billing issue, they told me to stop adding the note regarding putting my stuff on the shuttle. "It's in your profile. We know to do this. You do not need to remind us." So guess what happened yesterday when I went to pick up my refill after I did not remind them to shuttle it over?

After driving the 40 miles t0 my urology appointment, I had to drive 30 miles further to pick up my script (which should have been available a couple of blocks up the road) because these awesome people are offended by a customer reminder accompanying a monthly script request. To make matters worse, I received a text yesterday morning before I left for my urology appointment saying "We notice your script has been here for a few days. Do you still want it?" I knew where "here" was because the second location is good about picking up the phone and communicating with me. And the "several days" were really Friday afternoon to Monday morning. They counted the Saturday and Sunday that they are closed. I could not get a response to my reply to the text asking what happened.

Tony Page likes this.