Anyone Else Want To Rant? Join In

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Von Jones, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When I was a machine adjuster, nearly all the machine adjusters and machinists used Craftsman tools. We all used our own tools, so the fact that we could return them for a new tool was a big incentive. In fact, Craftsman tools were made well, and few of them would fail under normal usage, but even if they broke due to abnormal use, they could be returned.

Don Alaska, Tony Page and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That and Zippo lighters.

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

And Timex watches? or was that just a slogan.

Bobby Cole and Tony Page like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I was at the ALDI in Charlottesville this afternoon. The manager I always chat with told me that they are gonna get self checkouts at the beginning of the year. She is not happy about it because it will cost them one headcount. She told me that they only have 8 or 10 total employees as it is to run the entire store day in and day out! Apparently ALDI likes to work 'em hard.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Just to let ya know, I got the Rutin and thus far, I’m pretty happy with it and thanks for the tip.
    I have added 400mg a day for about a week in my morning shake and have decided that the stuff is a keeper.
    Again, I ordered just the Rutin in bulk powder form mainly because I wanted to see what straight stuff would do without delving into compounds.

Short and simple, I have loaded and unloaded about 20 sheets of plywood, changed the hinge bolts on the GMC driver’s door, worked out at the gym and a bunch of other stuff and should look like I’ve been in a bar fight but nope, no bruises. None. Nada.

Thanks again Mary @Mary Stetler !!

6. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My last car insurance bill showed a $75.00 increase. I asked them why, since I've never had a claim.
    The Representative said, "We had to raise our premiums for everyone due to increased accidents & fraudulent claims."
    I said, "So.....if my neighbor has too many kids, I should be required to get a vasectomy?"

7. John Brunner

Uninsured Drivers...señor.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Okay, I gotta beef with YouTube, Netflix and Prime.
    Why, are English speaking movies that are dubbed in Spanish free whilst the same movie in English costs $ to rent?

I like Denzel Washington and one of his latest came out (Equalizer 3) and it costs $6 on YouTube to rent but the Spanish version is free!
    I have noticed the same thing for other movies on Netflix and Prime but this one gets my goat.
    Are Mexican movies dubbed in English free for English speaking people and the Mexicans have to pay 103 pesos? I doubt it.

9. John Brunner

Some poor folks in New York City are up in arms because they are accustomed to getting free turkeys this holiday. This year, the illegals arrived at the giveaway before the New Yorkers did and cleaned them out.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Ya gotta love those sanctuary cities.

11. John Brunner

I do now that they get to actually prove their resolve to the rest of us.

12. John Brunner

So the saga of my truck continues...

When I went to pick it up last time and it died within a mile of the dealership, I noticed that the turn signal no longer "clicked" when it was on. Apparently the sound is not driven by the flasher, it is driven by a programmable module. They wanted $125 to program it to turn the sound On and I passed. Well, since they offered to pay for the installation of the most recent "It must be this" diagnosis, I told them to reprogram the module but consider charging me for the actual time and not that one hour minimum.

That was over a week ago. I called yesterday to get a status update. The part they agreed to install arrived and it got put in. When they went to program the Turn Signal Click module, they discovered that it is part of the instrument cluster they just installed, and the cluster is defective. They ordered a replacement cluster. If I had not asked them to reprogram the Turn Signal Click module, I would have been driving around with a defective instrument cluster. Dunno what issues that may have later caused.

What a goat rodeo.

13. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

When Trump gets in, I want him to bring all the manufacturing back to the US by building things that people WANT and not what the gov't demands. I think it would make us great again because I think other countries' people want the choice too.
    I want a new, old GEO type car, The old Dodge trucks, basically 80's or so vehicles. I want old Speed Queen washers, I would go back to 1920's Maytag washers but in the cold of winter, maybe not. I want to be able to pick my toilet--maybe 80's. Rip out all computer components and make them optional. There are actually people that want all the bells and whistles on their stuff. I think I like automatic car locks if I can manually open them too.
    Yes I know they might all be interconnected so we can't pick and choose. I can deal.
    And I want him to consider Faye's diesel electric battery then give an executive order.
    And if I don't want an electric car, I don't have to buy one.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
  14. John Brunner

Dunno if this is a rant, but I'm not gonna start a new thread for it:

I just got a phone call with an International number and the ID of "China Mainland." I let it go to voicemail...and they left a message. I don't understand what they said, but they left a message.

How very odd.

15. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered