Anyone Have A Rv Or Camper?

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Marie Mallery, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

It is getting harder now to find a campsite.
    I think some of the people at IRV2 have a good ideas for this.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

3. James Hintze

James Hintze Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wife and I bought our travel trailer 10 years ago this month. When we sold it 5 years ago, the Ford pickup we towed it with, showed that we'd towed it 19,000 miles. We sold it 5 years ago. We thought that that part of our lives was well over. We got the urge again, and bought a motor home in 2017. We sold it a year ago with 26,000 miles. So yes, we've been over a good part of the US, and a good part of Canada. The first year with our travel trailer one could take off without reservations and find campsites easily. That changed rapidly, During the last year with the motor home we had to make reservations a year in advance.

Marie Mallery and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been RV'ing for over thirty years. We used to stay at State and National Parks, but the reservation systems got ridiculous and frustrating as heck. There has been strong evidence given, in the past few years, that illegal site brokering is one of the main reasons those sites are nearly impossible to get, easily.

We now stay at private parks, and never have to worry about finding a slip. I like those parks a lot better than the government ones. Nicer facilities, friendlier folks.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.
  5. Marie Mallery

Registered

Which part of the nation do you find these sites in? Southeast they were hard to find about 4 years ago.

6. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

From Texas to Colorado, and all states surrounding them, we've never had a single problem finding nice, private, RV parks. We've stayed in a few "rough" areas, but no big deal as I feel safe no matter where I am.

Marie Mallery and Beth Gallagher like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

Glad you had no problem maybe its just down here in last 5 years or so but then I haven't checked in last 4 years. Just read about.