Anyone Here, Use To Or Still Ride Motorcycles?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Jake Smith, Sep 13, 2022.

1. Jake Smith

Jake Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That's a nice bike. I figured there would be some, still riding. :)

2. Jake Smith

Registered

Try it again Mary, Now I'm curious about what you said.:)

3. Jake Smith

Registered

We have had a lot of things in common, over the years, Bruce, like bikes, music, and riding the heck out of them. Didn't get a Corvette though, but who knows what the future holds. :) First Kawasaki, I use to ride, I would take off wide open on the throttle, and it was all I could do, to hold on without it running out from under me. I could feel my grip slipping. :eek:

4. Jake Smith

Registered

John, how did you bring that quote and bikes in beige color like that? Neat however you did it.:rolleyes: I have heard about three-wheelers being unsteady. Just assumed they had gotten better over the years as they made them prettier.

5. Jake Smith

Registered

Been there like you in the rain, more than a few times, it just comes down all of a sudden and you have no choice but to deal with it, unless like you, prepared with the rain gear. The most I ever did, was remembered the rain jacket. My youngest brother loaned me one of his one time when I was riding my 750, and I was drinking corn liquor out of a mason jar, I know; not the best idea. :eek: But anyway when I brought it back, he said how fast were you going, and held the coat up in front of me, and it looked like it had been shot with buckshot up close. I told him I don't know, still not sure how the rain did it, maybe the jacket was old. Have to ask him that next time we talk.:rolleyes:

6. Jake Smith

Registered

Are the three-wheelers much different than these?

HARLEY DAVIDSON TRIKE.

[​IMG]

7. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Am still riding my BMW R1200 GS. Below is a photo of the redhead taken this summer as we were venturing off the beaten path.

[​IMG]

Been riding over 65 years and not planning to quit anytime soon. I carry cameras and a drone in the backpack and panniers. The drone is an extension of the motorcycle that is used to look around places where I stop., Those moto videos are on my YouTube channel. I am "popscycle" at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z9Gf3xq-S20Ul8woWdHPg/videos

Below is an example of how I use the motorcycle and drone to explore.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Jake Smith likes this.
  8. Jake Smith

Registered

That looks like a nice place there to be riding in, and a great idea for safety to use a drone like that. Technology never stops surprising me. Fine looking ride too. Thanks for sharing this. Hope you share more of your adventures with us. I will have to check out "popscycle" on youtube if not. :)

John West likes this.
  9. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

John put it up for me.
    He's like my handiman who knows how to do everything.;)

Jake Smith and John Brunner like this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Let's do it right.

This is Jake's quote:

This is Mary's post:

Jake. Nurses are nothing like cars!
    My poor hubby had a big 1976 Harley. It was a commemorative edition. He loved it.
    I was in the north country coming back from my parents' on a tree encrusted 2 lane hwy. Tourists use it to go up north. Not many side roads but there was one ahead. I was behind two cars which were behind a motorcycle. The cycle signaled in plenty of time to turn left so we were all slowing down.
    Up from behind me a car came barreling down and I tried to think of something I could do. I put on my flashers but he WENT AROUND. He barely missed the bike. But I went home and demanded hubby sell his bike!
    He didn't.
    But then we needed to put in a illegal new septic system and the guy said he would do it for the bike.
    Good trade.

Jake Smith likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Show off:rolleyes:

Jake Smith and John Brunner like this.
  12. Jake Smith

Registered

LOL. :D

13. Bruce Andrew

Bruce Andrew Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So you never had a Miata? Isn't that what's in your av, and didn't we discuss it some time ago?

I don't really need a truck anymore (had one since 1975 :() and am thinking of a mid-SUV, and the CX-5 interests me the most, although so far all I've done is shop in my living room. A guy on a Corvette forum has one, likes it, and he said it has the least amount of nannies of any make -- which is my biggest interest.

Do you like yours? What year is it?

John Brunner and Jake Smith like this.
  14. Jake Smith

Registered

So that was Marys's post you put up, I was wondering when I read it. You had me all confused there for a little while.:D

15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My avatar is a 1959 Austin Healey [Bugeye] Sprite Mark I.

I love my 2019 CX-5 Grand Touring, but recently read that they are having issues with cracked heads (both the NA model and the turbo.) Right now the turbo is not a recall, it's just a Technical Service Bulletin (copy attached.) Other than that it's very nice. Car & Driver calls it an SUV body dropped on a sports car. They do handle that well. And the turbo kicks in across a broad rpm range...you're doing 90 and not even realizing it (so I've heard.)

You may want to lurk on MAZDAS247.com It's a very active highly informative forum for Mazda owners. I believe the site owner (Antoine) lives in Japan.

Attached Files:

Jake Smith and Bruce Andrew like this.